Chapter 43

Dreadwing's P.O.V.

I stood beside my Lord as he set course for the next set of coordinates. "The coordinates indicate that the second of these four Iacon relics lies at the very bottom of this world." Megatron stated. 

"I will journey to the ends of this or any world to serve your will, Lord Megatron." I stated. 

"Then return with my prize Dreadwing, and prove you are more worthy of being my second in command then than those who have preceded you." Megatron stated. I nodded. 

"I will not fail you Master." I replied, and didn't hesitate to walk away and leave the room. My small squadron of Vehicon soldiers stayed by my side as we headed down the hall. However up at the next fork in the road Nightstreak turned the next corner to see us.

"Dreadwing, I see you are departing." she said. 

"Indeed, which is why I mustn't waste time. So if you wish to speak to me, it will have to be for another time." I replied, walking past her. "I just wanted to say one thing before you left." Nightstreak called. I stopped for a moment, looking back at her. She waited patiently for my reply, but I do not have the same patience. None the less I sighed.

"I urge you to speak quickly."

"......good luck. And please be careful." I blinked in surprise, this time turning around fully to face her. However she gave me a small nod before walking down the opposite end of the hallway. My thoughts started to wander. I've never met a Decepticon whp cared for my own well being, not even Megatron goes that far.....only my brother. However I was quick to shake my head. I have no time for such things. I have a mission to complete.

I led the Vehicons down the hall, closer towards the exit. 

Starscream's P.O.V.

I examined all the tools I had set up on the table, making sure I had everything I needed.

"Inner stat, cross clamp, laser scalpel, dura billiam drill, and one slightly damaged but operational t-cog. courtesy of my traitorous clone." I said to myself. Oh yes, disposing of that clone was.....not fun to say the least.

I waited patiently for whatever left of my armada. Judging by the pain I shared with them, I believe only one had survived. The sound of doors opening caught my attention, but I remained to keep my back turned as I heard soft footsteps.

"Lord Starscream, your most loyal servant has returned, but I regret to inform you that  our collective mission has failed." said the clone. 

"Hmm, yes. I got that sense," he is up to something, "something to do with a throbbing ache in my side!" In that moment I whirled around and pointed my missile at him, seeing he had done the same. I was the first to shoot however, and struck him square in the chest, making him go flying and landing onto the ground. 

I walked over to him, a gaping hole in his chest, however not deep enough to extinguish the spark. He looked up to me weakly before I firmly placed my foot upon his chest, keeping him down.

"You....knew...I would attempt....to terminate you...." he wheezed out. I winced myself, feeling the pain throb on my own chest as well.

"I feel your pain....really I do." I said lowly, pointing my missile at him. Missile launched, and then.....

"DRAAAAAAAH SCRAP THAT HURT!!!!" 

(Did anyone else laugh their asses off at that scene? I know I did. Hahahaha!)

Back to the task at hand, I grabbed one of the tools and examined it.

"Everything I require to make myself whole." I said. I looked to the berth that was here and laid down on it, looking at the tool nervously. I've never done this procedure before, or any for that matter. And I know the patient is suppose to be in stasis during any operation, but that's not much of a choice here is there? Course that doesn't ease my nerves in the slightest.