Chapter 44

Starscream's P.O.V.

Two Vehicons and Dreadwing shot furiously at the Autobot leader while Optimus dodged each one, firing back with his own blasters. I was forced to watch as two of the Vehicons were shot down. (Though I'm not really complaining, if I can avoid a fight, I will) Dreadwing continued to fire, to which Optimus barely dodged. However he made his own shot, which struck Dreadwing's shoulder. 

The Decepticon commander scowled and shot at him again, but with a different type of amo. Were those missiles of some sort? Optimus charged ahead despite this, and leaped over them, and they exploded behind him as he landed on his feet. Optimus then brought his blade out and leaped up, about to strike down upon Dreadwing.

Dreadwing however brought up his own blade and blocked, causing Optimus to skid back. The two of them started to dual, blades clashing. Just when one seemed to have the upper hand, the other came back. As if their sword skills were of equal power. However they both suddenly paused, not keeping their eyes off each other. Then Dreadwing put his blade away.....and tackled Prime head on, causing both of them to fall over an ice edge.

"Commander Dreadwing!" One Vehicon stated.

"Oh no, what a shame." I muttered sarcastically. However they forced me to follow them to the bottom to locate their missing commander, I could hear the sound of an explosion up ahead, followed by the sound of crashing ice. An avalanche? Had Dreadwing survive? We all paused at the bottom, seeing nothing but a large puff of mist as an aftermath of the avalanche.

"Our stail mate would leave us....where?" I said as we looked through the snow. 

"Commander Dreadwing!" one of the Vehicons called out. However a different shadow started to emerge from the cold....and it wasn't Dreadwing. That first Vehicon started to fire at Optimus, who came charging towards us. I had to think of something fast. Perhaps if I 'helped' Optimus, he would release me. I turned to the nearest Vehicon beside me and grabbed at his blaster as best as I could, struggling to keep him down. The other one was about to fire at me, but I brought the other Vehicon in front of me as a shield.

The Vehicon had struck him just as Optimus blasted him. Now both Vehicons were down. I sighed, tossing the other Vehicon aside before approaching the Prime.

"What a team we make! I am so glad that you prevailed Optimus Prime! That wretch Dreadwing was going to terminate me! Now, if you could just remove my bonds I can lead you straight to the relic." I said. I was pretty sure I knew where it was, judging by that flag I saw. However I was only greeted with a blaster pointed at my face.

"You will lead me there regardless." 

"Hmph, your welcome." I muttered bitterly.

Small time skip

Again I was forced to trek through the freezing cold at gun point, except this time I was leading the way. This whole situation has become more of a hustle then I expected. It had better be worth it.

"Be reasonable Prime. This cold will freeze both our actuators." I stated.

"The current temperatures are not extreme enough to affect our biology. You'll be fine." Optimus reassured me. "Fine, but miserable! And I cannot believe that you take our alliances for granted, after all I have done for the Autobots! Helping to restore your memory for example!" I explained.

"While you have at times proved to be beneficial to us, it has been only to further your own interests." Optimus replied. 

"Well, we can't all be as selfless as you now can we?" I said, slowly continuing to walk ahead.

Dreadwing's P.O.V.

Cold.

That was all I felt for a bit. However, I slowly began to regain consciousness, and opened my optics....only to be met with white. I blinked in confusion before moving my fingers around, only to feel something cold and wet.