Chapter 7

Starscream's P.O.V.

I smirked as I replayed the footage of Megatron's demise upon the screen before me.

"Such a shame, but I applaud you Megatron. You certainly made a grand exit." I said. Hearing silent footsteps behind me, I looked over my shoulder to see Soundwave approaching me.

"Ah Soundwave, cue the audio/visual. I wish to address the troops." I stated. Soundwave did as I commanded, and I found my face to be on screen. Clearing my throat, I began my speech to my fellow troops.

"The loss of the Megatron, the leader of the great Decepticon uprising, is certainly tragic. Yet we mustn't despair over his demise, but instead embrace his ultimate sacrifice and build upon the foundation he laid with an even mightier hand." I stated, gesturing to myself. A Vehicon trooper gestured to me from below the bridge.

"With all due respect Commander- eh, Lord Starscream." I rolled my optics.

"Yes, yes, what is it?" I said annoyed. 

"If we failed to conquer Earth under Lord Megatron's command, what hope do we have now while the Autobots still defend it?" he asked. I growled in annoyance, frustrated that the troops were blind to the new master they now have.

"Allow me to be crystal clear. I studied for millennia under our former, thus I am equipped to lead you. I, Megatron's true heir! Lord Starscream, emperor of destruction!" I announced. However, the only response I received was the mutterings of the troops. I growled in annoyance as the audio/visual was switched off, and I stormed off.

"What use are troops who can't rise to the task of inflicting unspeakable destruction in my name?!" I hissed. I placed a claw on my chin, thinking of a solution. Then, I started to remember something that could be quite helpful.

"But wait, legend tells of one capable warrior. One who exists upon here, upon this very planet. One who can be student to my master." I said.

Le time skip

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I looked over the large canyon in confusion, wondering why Starscream would bring me and Soundwave here? What could he possibly be looking for?

"Lord Starscream, why did you bring us here?" I asked, head tilted. I felt very uncomfortable calling him 'lord' for I could only call one Decepticon that very title. However, I still want to remain on Starscream's good side. It took me three years just to make him see me as a useful ally, and I hope to build more upon that.

"During the Great War, so much energon was hidden on this forsaken rock that our master sent some of Cybertron's greatest warriors to guard it. True warrior, now lying in stasis.....waiting to reawakened." Starscream explained. He put on a smile, one that seemed to be of amusement.

"Such folly that late in life, Megatron searched distant space for warriors, rather than here beneath his feet." My wings drooped, and I could feel Bloodsurge knudge my leg in comfort. I truly miss Megatron, and was hoping he would not have to meet this fate. However, this does not mean I will give up on my goal. It just means I have to work harder to protect the other Decepticons, as well as the Autobots....including Starscream.

Especially Starscream

Soundwave's antenna gave off a beeping sound, causing Starscream's smile to fade away.

"What do you mean you can't pinpoint his signal?" he demanded in a low tone. He turned to face Soundwave, optics narrowed.

"I know we are close! Boost the power to your sensors!" he demanded. A different beeping began to get louder on Soundwave's scanner. Starscream's face started to light up with eagerness.