Chapter 15

Starscream's P.O.V.

Knockout looked at the monitors beside the berth, then looked at me oddly.

"Uh, Starscream, I don't quite understand how this could've happened." he stated. I sat up from the berth and snarled.

"And yet, it did! Can you imagine my horror?! There I am, minding my own business, when my arm just falls off! Clearly Megatron inflicted more damage upon me then you realized.....Doctor." I screamed except for the last word, which I said in a low tone before laying back down. Knockout looked back at the monitor.

"Well, on the bright side, this provides an excellent opportunity for an upgrade!" he stated, going over to a computer. He brought up an image of a different arm.

"Let's see, you could go with the Sonic Cannon. It's reliable, low maintenance, although it lacks a certain flare..." he changed to a different image of another limb, "Personally I prefer the No Ray, it has just the right mix of flash and firepower-"

"I don't a new model! I just want the same arm I had before!" I stated. Knockout frowned.

"Starscream your equipment is a bit...obsolete. I'm not sure if I have another one lying around. Of course we could try to salvage yours. You kept it, didn't you?" he asked. I growled.

"It was....beyond recovery." I muttered. Suddenly the sound of the door opening caught my attention, and I spotted Nightstreak coming in.

"Hey Knockout, any sign of Star-" however she completely froze when she spotted me. Then she ran to the side of my berth opposite of Knockout.

"Oh my Primus! Starscream, what in the All Spark happened to you?! What happened?!" she asked, seeming to be in total distress. I rolled my optics.

"I do not wish to speak about it. It's none of your business." I stated. Nightstreak's wings drooped, and she stepped closer.

"Are you alright....?" 

"Do I look alright to you?!" I snapped. She flinched. I sighed.

"Why are you here to begin with? I wish to be alone...." I trailed off however, optics widening when I saw her left arm. There were a few large, nasty looking scratches on her arm, that trailed all the way up to her shoulder. I couldn't help but stare, puzzled. I hadn't seen Nightstreak since....Megatron's wrath. Not that much happened since then right? So how....?

"What happened to you?" I asked. Nightstreak tilted her head, then she looked at her arm.

"Oh, that, right. It's uh...nothing. Just uh, from an Autobot attack." she said, looking away from me. I furrowed my brows. That clearly wasn't the truth. I was about to argue when she started to walk away.

"I apologize for the intrusion. You should rest." She said. She was at the door when she stopped, then she looked back at me. "Rest well, Commander Starscream." I watched as she left the room. I blinked, still puzzled.

"Well that was clearly a lie." I muttered. Knockout let out a sigh, and I glared at him.

"What?!"

"You do realize what she did right?" Knockout asked. I shook my head. What did he mean? Did I miss something here? Knockout's mouth formed a thin, tight line.

"Did you ever stop to wonder why Megatron didn't just scrap you after you betrayed him?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Not really..." I was too angry to even wonder that, but now that it was brought up, it was a strange thing. Not that I'm ungrateful of course.

"Starscream, Nightstreak told me all about it. She approached Megatron before approaching you, and she begged him to spare your life." Knockout explained. I scoffed.

"So your saying he did her a favor? I doubt that. Megatron doesn't do favors." I stated.

"No, he doesn't....he makes deals." Knockout stated.

"But what could Nightstreak give him...." It started to come clear to me, remembering the scratches on her arm.

"She took part of your punishment, Starscream." Knockout stated. I looked down at the ground for a moment, thinking deeply. She begged Megatron to spare me? And she even went so far as to take part of my punishment?! But....I don't understand. Why would she do that? What could she possibly gain?!

"Get some rest. I'm gonna see if there are any spare arms for you." Knockout said, walking out of the room. I sighed as I leaned back and closing my optics. Nightstreak, I swear that femme makes me think of the most bizarre things, and makes me feel emotions I never thought I would feel. I just wish....I could understand her. All this compassion she has, ugh just thinking about it is giving me a headache.

However, I felt something pulse in my hand, and gasped. I sat up, looking at the small dark energon shard I held in my hand. It was glowing, and I felt a sort of...movement from the inside.

"My dark energon shard....pulsing?" I said. I smiled, gripping onto the shard.

"My warrior lives!" I stated. I got up from my berth, again ripping off the life supporters. Knockout returned with a satisfied smile, as well as a new arm model with multiple rockets.

"Ah, look what I found in storage- what are you doing?!" he said as he saw me walking past him. I turned to face him with new determination.

"You were right, Knockout. I'm much too attached to my original appendage. I will retrieve it!"

Le time skip

I strolled down the canyon looking around, hoping to spot something of my new warrior.

"Skyquake! Your master summons you!" I called. However there was no response. That is strange, the shard was definitely pulsing-

I froze as a ground bridge opened up smack in front of me, making me growl in confusion. 

"What? Mine? Or there's?" I muttered, staring at the ground bridge with uncertainty. I waited to see if any Autobots would come out....however instead three human children ran through and ran between my legs. I looked back at them.

"Humans? Where did you vermin-" I stopped as I heard something behind me, and whirled around. Then I cried out as something grabbed onto my face, causing me to fall onto my back. I pulled it back, seeing it was....an arm? It's metal claws moving nonstop to reach me.

"This...isn't mine!" I cried, trying to keep it away with the only arm I had. "Unhand me!" I found myself standing on my feet, seeing the Autobots emerging from another ground bridge.

"Autobots again?!" I cried. I took a moment to throw the arm aside, only for it to try and come crawling back.

"Requesting emergency ground bridge, now!" I cried over the com.

Le time skip

Knockout started to patch up the shoulder with no limb, a small smirk on his face.

"What happened? Megatron pound you like scrap metal again?" he asked with slight mock in his tone. I growled.

"I would rather not discuss it." I stated firmly.

"Honestly Starscream, you need to take better care of yourself." Knockout stated. He crossed his arms across his chest. "Didn't you retrieve your limb?"

I only growled as a response.