Chapter 53

Knockout's P.O.V.

"It was destroyed?! What in Primus do you mean?!" Megatron roared, making me flinch. Airachnid winced, looking hesitant to continue, however she cleared her throat and forced the words out.

"Shattered to pieces I'm afraid. I was unable to find any clues for the culprit, except for a destroyed Dark Star Saber." she replied. Megatron snarled, then marched forward. Airachnid's optics widened in panic briefly, however she looked to the warlord surprised as he shoved her aside and began to march towards the door.

"Show me."

Small time skip

The three of us stared at the Dark Star Saber in shock. As Airachnid had claimed, there weren't any clues in sight. No scratches, no footprints, not even a single fingerprint to go off on. All that showed any evidence of someone's presence was the shattered saber on the floor, with shards of dark energon scattered about. Megatron held a strange expression, mixed wit both grief and fury.

He approached the destroyed saber, and knelt down, picking up a single shard from the floor before examining it. He stared at it, seeming to be thinking. I could only imagine the anger he was feeling right now....and I was deathly afraid of who he would release that anger onto. A sudden growl made Airachnid and I jump, and we watched as Megatron yelled in anger and tossed the shard across the room, where it slammed into the wall and shattered into more pieces.

"Airachnid!" Megatron snapped his optics onto her. "You're telling me you found the saber in this condition? You didn't see anyone else aboard the ship? No witnesses were here to see them? And not a single trace of an intruder? Well, the way you have painted this little crime scene, I can't help but feel suspicious that this was your responsibility!" he stated. 

"Me?! Why would I be foolish enough to destroy your newest prize and then report it to you?! Besides, I have dedicated my loyalty to you, my liege. I swear it!" Airachnid stated. 

"Really Airachnid? And how am I to know your words aren't false? After the many times you had attempted to terminate me?!" Megatron stated, starting to advance towards her. Airachnid took a step back, her form seeming to look smaller and smaller. 

"Lord Megatron, I promise you-"

"You had better not spill any lies to me, Airachnid! If you are lying to my face this very moment," Megatron suddenly brought his blade from his arm, "Then I'll tear out your spark this very second-"

"Lord Megatron!" We all snapped our heads towards the voice down the hall. Nightstreak made a sharp turn and quickly approached us. 

"Please wait! Spare Airachnid! She is not to blame!" Nightstreak stated, but she was breathless. I went over to her as she rested on her knees, panting hard. "What happened? You look like you just ran a hundred miles!" I said. "I saw....the real culprit....it was Starscream." she panted out. All our optics widened, and we looked at her in shock. She continued however.

"I tried to stop him...but he got away." she muttered. She got down on one knee, hanging her head. "I apologize Master, I failed you. I let your Dark Star Saber be destroyed, and I failed to capture Starscream. I deeply apologize." she stated. Megatron stared at her long and hard for a moment, as is finally processing what she said. Then he sighed, putting his blade away, which made Airachnid relax.

".....you are not to blame, Nightstreak," Nightstreak looked up as Megatron brushed past us and began to walk away, "The next set of coordinates have been decoded. Retrieve Dreadwing and both of you will depart immediately." 

"Yes my liege! Right away!" Nightstreak stated, jumping to her feet before hurrying down the hallway. I watched as she left, narrowing my optics on her. That....was strange. Airachnid is about to be pinned with the blame, and suddenly Nightstreak comes flying to the rescue, with the 'perfect' explanation.