Chapter 58

Starscream's P.O.V.

Well, I was more than pleased with the results of Dreadwing's little....outburst. Yes, he is still alive, unfortunately. However, because as a result of not only disobeying a direct order from Lord Megatron but of also assaulting an ally, his title of first lieutenant has been removed....and transferred right back to me. Now not only do I have my t-cog back and am a Decepticon, but I'm back in second command! This could not have turned out better for me!

Currently however, Knockout, Nightstreak and I were alone in the med bay, with the Omega Keys laying on a table. We were puzzled as how these keys functioned. However given Megatron's current 'mood' after Dreadwing's scene, we can't afford to come up empty handed. Right now Knockout was scanning over the keys, a claw on his chin.

"Tick-tock, Knockout, tick-tock!" I stated, pacing back and forth behind him. "Megatron is expecting results, and given what we just witnessed, I would say that we cannot afford to our master." I stated.

"We? Unless nagging counts I haven't seen you lift a finger." Knockout stated in an irritated tone. "I am the one that brought him the keys, do I really need to prove myself further by deciphering how they operate too?" I asked. "Well perhaps if my research hadn't been sidelined by someone's cosmetic surgery, I might be further along by now!" Knockout snapped. I growled. Why that no good-

"Calm down you guys, fighting isn't going to benefit us." Nightstreak stated, stepping in and picking up one of the keys. She examined it, placing a claw on her chin as she tilted her head. Both her mini cons looked up at her before copying her actions. I am surprised Nightstreak obtained another mini con. Hard to believe it was actually a relic of some sorts.

"There must be some way we can trigger these things...." she murmured. Frostbite especially stared at the keys, licking his lips. I looked to him and back at the key, before shooting a glare at him.

"Oh no you don't. These are not toys, mutt! So don't you get any bright ideas!" I stated. Bloodsurge hopped onto Nightstreak's shoulder, cocking his head. I started to grow frustrated.

"Oh just give it here!" I demanded, snatching the key out of Nightstreak's hands. He looked at it, examining it, looking for some kind of button or switch. The frustration was getting to me as I squeezed it in my hands. Finally I growled as I slammed it against the edge of the table repeatedly.

"Oh gee, why didn't I think of that?" Knockout stated sarcastically, rolling his optics. I'm getting really annoyed with him right now! I growled and swiped the sharper end of the key across his chest, scratching his paint job. He gasped before glaring at me.

"Uh, guys, don't be like this now...." Nightstreak stated. However Knockout had already grabbed another key and thrusted it forward, to which I did the same.....however they fused together, glowing a little. The three of us stared in awe, caught off guard.

"Whoa." Nightstreak said.

"Do you think.....?" Knockout asked. He and I grabbed another key from the table, then looked to each other. "Ready....go!" we both thrusted the keys inside at the same time. Suddenly all four keys fused together, and a blue hologram was projected. It was an image of Cybertron, with a red glowing dot on it. It's a map. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"And that is why Dreadwing is pushing up lug nuts." I stated.

"And we are not." Knockout stated.

Le time skip

Megatron's optics lit up as he looked at the map we presented to him. "Of course! Keys are useless without something to unlock....target the space bridge for Cybertron." he said.