Chapter 54

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

Megatron turned to face his second in command with an angry expression written on his face. "You never even spied the relic?!" he snapped. Dreadwing held a grim expression as he spoke.

"By the time I reached the location, it was gone, as were the Autobots." he replied.

"It would serve us well to not only decode the final Iacon entry before Optimus Prime does, but to capture those relics currently held by the Autobots," he said as he leaned in close to Dreadwing's face, then looked over to Soundwave, "Soundwave." The silent communications chief turned to face us.

"Despite your primary task, I trust that you have been making progress pinpointing the location of their base." Megatron said. I perked up in surprise.

"Their base?" What did he mean by that? Soundwave showed some footage on his screen, seeing a monitor zooming over the desert known as Nevada. I was puzzled by how they were able to see this....until I realized Laserbeak wasn't present on Soundwave's chest. Oh no! Has Laserbeak been searching for their base this whole time?! But how?!

"Good. Given the recent accumulation of evidence, we possess clearer idea of where their human colleagues reside. Laserbeak should soon determine whether the Autobots dwell in proximity." Megatron said. This isn't good. If the Decepticons find their base, we could bombard the Autobots, and that isn't good! I can't let the Autobots get hurt, but how do I interfere?! I don't have the same skills Soundwave has with hacking or technology! And if I go after Laserbeak I'll look to suspicious! Geez, when did things get so hard around here?!

However we all perked up when we heard the beeping on the computer. The last set of coordinates were available to us. However they began to change, forming something in a strange code.

"The coordinates are forming....an image. Why would the final Iacon entry be different from the others?" Megatron thought aloud. I watched as the image began to finalize....revealing an image of Smokescreen. I gasped, flickering my wings.

"No way. The final relic....is Smokescreen?" I murmured.

"Prime's latest recruit, is the final relic of Iacon!" Megatron said. This cannot be! Why would an Autobot be a relic? No, there's a bigger here than that now. If he is the last relic....he is in danger. My point was only proven further when Soundwave again showed Laserbeak's footage, showing a familiar white car with blue streaks on it driving down the street alone. Can the timing be any worse?!

"It seems our side project is already paying off. Go and retrieve the Autobot immediately." Megatron said. Soundwave nodded and walked past us. As he did he opened a ground bridge right in front of him, to which he walked through. This was bad. Was he already going to return with Smokescreen?

"Will Soundwave be able to capture the Autobot alone?" Dreadwing asked.

"Perhaps. As of right now he is the only one who hasn't failed me yet, unlike some others that are aboard the ship." Megatron stated, making sure to glare at his second in command as he spoke. Dreadwing looked away, clearly receiving Megatron's message. I was startled as a ground bridge again opened up in front of us. The sound of soft footsteps and a dragging metal made it to my audio sensors....

....and Soundwave emerged from the ground bridge, dragging in a unconscious Smokescreen.

Le time skip

Knockout loomed over the Autobot, who was restrained on a berth in the medical bay. Smokescreen was finally waking up, groaning as he blinked his optics. Knockout smirked.

"Wakey wakey." he said in a mocking tone. Smokescreen's optics shot open. "What?!" he said. He looked down at his restraints and viciously tugged at them, letting out small grunts. However his attempts were futile, and he was unable to budge. He looked down at his wrist before glaring at Knockout.