Chapter 9

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

Starscream gazed out the window from the command bridge, watching as a thunderstorm made thunderous noises. I swear I felt like the Nemesis would be knocked over by a giant or something. I have never seen an Earth thunderstorm. It intrigued me, causing me to be mesmerized by its flashes of light across the sky.

"Thunderstorms are beautiful, are they not?" I asked breathlessly. Starscream only scoffed, rolling his optics.

"And what does that matter to us?" he asked, placing his hands behind his back.

"While I truly miss the views of Cybertron, I do believe Earth has its own wonders." I replied, mostly thinking aloud rather than actually trying to speak to the commander. Yes, commander. As much as I admire him, I will never see him as my Lord. That said, I will also never say such a thing to him, nor will I show him any form of disrespect. The sound of sliding doors opening behind us snapped my out of my trance from outside, and I looked behind me.

"It's about time Knockout," Starscream said, not even bothering to turn around, "I do not enjoy being kept waiting." I watched as a red Decepticon approached us slowly. I knew this medic well. Knockout, which don't let the name fool you, is not a real fighter at all. However, his knowledge of medicine is more than impressive, and he even dabbles a bit in science......mad science, unfortunately.

It was a long, Starscream. I'm still picking bugs out of my grill." Knockout replied smoothly, flicking something away that was not within visibility. Starscream slowly turned to face him, a certain face that showed a mixture of disgust and annoyance clear as day on it.

"Yes right, your....one of those." he muttered. Knockout showed a expression of puzzlement.

"Come again?" Starscream slowly started to circle him as he spoke, hands behind his back still.

"Never understood why any self-respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehicle mode....when he could have flight." he said. It was clear Knockout had caught on to Starscream's insult, but seemed to have ignore it.

"I like the way I look in steel-belted radials." he replied. Knockout glanced at me, raising a brow.

"Hmm? I didn't think you summoned anyone else aside from me and my partner." his red optics scanned my body, seeming to find some sort of recognition. 

"This is Nightstreak. She is our spy, as well as proven herself....somewhat capable on the field." Starscream said, clearly not trying to show that I have much importance. This did not bother me however, having been use to his criticism for quite awhile.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Knockout. I have heard you are quite the medic." I said. Knockout smiled, placing a hand on his chest and doing a small pose, head held high.

"Well, I am quite capable of such abilities." he said with pride. Starscream rolled his optics in annoyance.

"Yes yes, which is precisely why you are here." he replied, obviously trying to move on. He started to lead us out of the command bridge, and we followed him down the hall. On the way we were quite silent, until we reached the med bay.

"I take it Lord Megatron requires a laboratory assist?" Knockout asked. 

"You.....might say that." Starscream said, the door opening. Before us still laid our master in stasis, rust covering his body. Knockout's optics widened.

"Whoa." he said, slowly approaching the sleeping warlord. Starscream followed, while I quickly went to the other side of the berth. I looked at our master, head tilted. He looks so weak, in pain. I wonder what he must feel inside of his mind? Was he scared? Lonely? It dented my spark to think such thoughts. While many may not think so, even Decepticons like Megatron have feelings.