Arc 1: Chapter 2

Classes finished longer than you thought so you arrived home in a late hour.

You held the door knob and slowly opened it. You felt nervous about entering the house but you had to do it anyway.

*Creaak*

As the door opened, you received another slap from the cheek.

Slap!

Your left cheek burned in pain. Your heartbeat went fast and you felt chilly.

"Why are you late?" Your aunt grabbed you in the collar and you closed your eyes.

"From now on, if ever you come home late again I'll get my whip and teach you a lesson you brat." She whispered in your ears.

*Whip!*

The sound of the whip hitting with your skin made you feel anxious than ever.

You remembered that one time when you experienced the whipping.

"I'm sorry. I'll get home early next time." You apologized nervously.

"Good. Prepare dinner." She let you go and walked off.

The moment she let you go, only then you felt relieved.

You did your usual tasks again.

Cleaning, preparing food and clean again.

After you've done everything, you ate dinner secretly and went to your room to rest.

...

"No!"

"This is for attempting to kill yourself." Your aunt said as she hit you with her whip.

"Ahck!"

"This is for being an ungrateful whore." She hit your back.

"Please, stop. Heuk-"

...

"!!!!!"

Terrible nightmares became your dream.

And now, you were afraid to sleep considering you'll dream those nightmares again.

Since you were afraid, you just took a book and studied.

One look was enough for you to familiarize it in your head. In short, you have an extraordinary memory.

Hours passed by and you didn't notice that the bluish sky was already showing through outside the window.

'It's morning already.'

You prepared breakfast and cleaned the house so that when they woke up, they won't have to complain about you.

You left the house early so you won't see your aunt and uncle.

Walking in the cold streets alone made you realize how peaceful your surrounding is.

It was 4:30 in the morning and classes will start at 7:30. You still had three hours to enjoy your moment until a hand grabbed yours.

You were startled by this action and it made you feel afraid for a moment.

"Harry?" You said in a shaky voice.

"Y/n. What are you doing here at this time?" He asked.

"I woke up early since I didn't get to sleep properly."

"How about you? What are you doing?" You added.

"Uh, I was just disposing something." He said indifferently.