Arc 2: Chapter 1

"Y/n! Come with me now quickly! The headmaid is already calling us!!" Sheila called in a whispering manner.

"No- Sheila, you musn't go out today! Someone's going to kill us!" Y/n warned.

"What? Pft- hahaha! Are you still dreaming? Come on now, or else the headmaid will really kill us." Sheila spoke.

'She doesn't believe me.'

Y/n can't do anything except to prepare herself about what's going to come.

She put a dagger knife in her pocket just for self-defense.

"Come on now!"

The two of them ran in the hallways and arrived at the receiving room.

'Huh? We're not going to the main gate?'

"Isn't there a guest?" Y/n asked.

"Um yes, but he's not here yet."

'This is different from before. Was I really just dreaming? Is that what they call a dream inside a dream?'

Sheila opened the door and all maidservants lined up together with the headmaid standing in front.

"Sheila and Y/n. Why are you late?" The headmaid asked.

"Erm... I brought food to the horses earlier and I asked Y/n for help so it's my fault headmaid." Sheila lied.

"Hm. Don't be late next time. This is your last warning. Anyways, we have a special guest this morning."

'Special guest? Is it Prince Xavier or Prince Gerald?' Y/n asked in her thoughts.

"Who is it, headmaid?" A maid asked.

"It's Prince Louis. He is the emperor's eight child from a concubine. I heard that he's greatly favored because of his skills in swordsmanship. So treat him as an esteemed guest." The headmaid stated.

'Prince Louis?'

"What does he look like, headmaid?" Another maid asked.

"I heard that his hair is black and he looks handsome!" Another gossiped.

"Aren't their eyes all green?"

"It just means that they are the emperor's child."

"Silence! That will be all. So return to your posts now." The headmaid silenced all of them.

"Let's go, Y/n." Sheila whispered.

Y/n nodded.

But before they get to open the door, it was already opened by someone else.

Black hair and green eyes.

"Prince Louis?!" A maid yelled.

He unsheathed his sword and made a swing.

Y/n crouched to the ground in order not to get hit.

And when she opened her eyes, everyone except her were already sliced in half.

*Blurghh* She vomited.

"Hm? There's someone who dodged my attack? What a surprise." He grinned

Y/n quickly took the dagger knife and pointed it towards him.

"Oho. A dagger knife! Let's see how far you can go." He leaned his neck towards the dagger.

Blood came out from his neck yet he was still smiling.

Y/n's hands were shaking.

She was about to slice his neck but he did it first before her.

"Pity. You only had one chance." He whispered.