Arc 4: Chapter 4

You uncomfortably sat on the sofa as Carter in the opposite side just stared at you. It was like he's watching a show.

"Here."

Carter handed you some few papers. It was a contract.

As you read the contents, you read the part where the pay is three times more than how much Alex gave you earlier.

It was very tempting that you had to think it over. The benefits are good but the consequence... is not.

"Isn't it wonderful? Your only job is to assist me at home and school. That's it." He smirked.

Alex will be furious once he knows that you accepted an offer like this. Maybe you're totally dead this time.

"Here's the pen."

"I-"

"Sign it." He uttered.

How could you forget? You already knew what Carter is capable of. He can hit or hurt you anytime.

Maybe if you disobey once again, he'll do it. He'll hurt you. So you had no choice but to sign the contract.

"Very good. Go get your things and transfer it here. You'll start living here together with me."

It was obvious. You signed the contract, so you're already his servant. Or should you say, slave.

And as his slave, you need to assist him at all times and that requires living together with him.

"...Okay."

Carter loved your obedience. In fact, seeing you respond to him like a rabbit felt amusing.

It was quite the show.

As per his request, you went home to your apartment and started packing your things.

"Y/n?" An unfamiliar voice called out.

"Yes?" You turned to look at him.

Dark violet hair and eyes. Really unfamiliar.

"I knew it was you! It's me, James. Don't you remember me?"

James? You had no idea who this person was and why he's acting like he's somehow close to you.

"Sorry but.. I don't know you." You felt awkward.

"..I see. The fall must have greatly affected your memory." He muttered.

"Pardon?"

The fall? Does he mean the time when you were still in middle school? When you fell from the rooftop?

"It's alright Y/n. I'll help you remember. I need to go first. See you tomorrow!" He waved his hand.

You were left confused by what he said.

And what did he mean by seeing you tomorrow?

.
.
.

"Did you bring my lunch?" Carter asked.

"Yes."

The two of you were riding a car towards school.

You just moved in at Carter's house yesterday and today is your first day to do your job as his maid.

The car finally arrived at school after few minutes.

When you got off from the car, you followed behind Carter.

What greeted you were other student's gazes and.. Alex. He glared at you like he was ready to kill you anytime. And there's also Julian.

You just drooped your head low and continued to follow Carter.

When you arrived at your classroom, you took your seat and averted from your classmate's gazes.

"Ugh, don't tell me she's targeting Carter now?"

"I always knew she was a slut."

"Maybe Carter is just playing with her so let's relax."

"Okay attention class." The teacher cut off the gossiping.

When the teacher arrived, the whole class fell quiet.

"We have a new student today. Please come inside and introduce yourself."

A male student walked inside and introduced himself.

'Isn't he that..'

"Hello. My name is James Wilson. Nice to meet all of you." He greeted.

"Please choose your seat." The teacher said.

James looked around the classroom and when he met your gaze, he smiled at you.

"Then I'll sit with Y/n." He announced.

You glanced at the seat beside you and it was unfortunately open. Your seatmate is absent and it had to be today of all the days.

When he said that sentence, you felt your back burning due to Julian's gaze. Carter and Alex also glared at you like your sins were increasing.

James sat beside you and smiled cheerfully.

"Hello, Y/n. Please take care of me."

You nodded in reply.

The whole time in class, James was just staring beside you. Whenever you glance at him, he always fires back a smile.

After few hours of classes, it was already lunch time.

"Y/n, let's eat together. My treat." James said as he grabbed your hand leaving you to do nothing except getting dragged by him.

You were stopped by Alex.

"Y/n?" James noticed that you stopped your steps.

"Where are you taking her? This b'tch is going with me." Alex glared at him.

"What did you say?" He glared back at Alex.

James noticed that you looked nervous with Alex around. He leaned beside your ear and whispered something.

"Y/n, what's this bastard talking about?"