Arc 4: Chapter 7

"We've arrived, Ms. Y/n." Lyle (driver) announced.

You opened the car door and went outside.

The entrance towards Carter's house was just a few meters away and a hint of nervousness crept up in your heart.

*Creak*

When you opened the door, Carter was standing in front of you. It was clear that he was really waiting for you maybe for quite a while now.

He smiled at you the moment you entered.

"!!!"

"Welcome home, Y/n." He suddenly hugged you out of nowhere.

It was weird.

Everyone including James were acting strange towards you. It was like they were a bit... obsessive.

You pushed him a bit but he ended up tightening his embrace.

"Where are you going?" He uttered in a low voice.

"I- I just want to eat.."

"Oh, why didn't you say so? Come with me."

Even the way he talked totally changed. In the past, he would always talk to you like you were a low birth.

"Eat, Y/n." He beckoned you to eat.

Placed in front of the table were different varieties of food. Your favorite foods to be precise.

"Why aren't you eating? Do you not perhaps like the food?"

"...No, the food is alright."

You started eating but it felt uncomfortable knowing that Carter is staring at you the whole time.

You felt anxious at the same time nauseous. You quickly finished eating the food so that this moment will finally end.

"I'm done. What should I do now?"

You asked this question knowing that you still have a contract to work out. Being his maid that is.

"Ah, right. Come with me Y/n." He grabbed your hand.

He opened a door and inside it was a large room. It seems like it was his room.

"This is where you'll sleep from now on. Your job is to accompany me wherever so it's just appropriate for you to stay with me." He added.

You had no choice but to concede. After all, it was written in the contract that you'll agree to whatever he says.

And you're also doing this for the sake of money. You needed it and since the price is big, why not pay it?

"Okay." You thinly replied.

With that agreement, he pulled you to the bed and hugged you in a tight embrace as if you were a bolster.

"Goodnight, Y/n."

He was like that the whole time til you resigned yourself to sleep.
.
.

The next day...
.
.

When you woke up, you were still in that same position. Carter was still hugging you like a pillow.

You moved a little bit to get up but ended up hearing a cold voice from behind.

"Are you leaving?"

"Don't leave me again Y/n." He snuggled up to you more.

'Again? What does he mean about again?'

All Carter, Alex, Julian and James' actions brought you nothing but confusion.

What the hell were you supposed to say and do? They confuse you to no end.

Carter finally released you and you got up from the bed. You sighed in relief now that you're free.

...

When the two of you arrived at school, Carter pulled you beside him like he was protecting you from something.

A male student with bright red hair caught your eye. He was like a dragon with golden eyes.

"Don't look at other men Y/n. I'll kill you if you look at someone other than me." He suddenly whispered beside you.

This made your beat rapidly... in a bad way.

You just looked at that person since his hair and eye color was just unique. After all, who doesn't like unique things?

"Y/n!" You heard James' voice somewhere.

He was practically running towards you with a bright smile but when he saw Carter behind you, his face went sour.

When James walked towards you, Carter put you behind him.

"What do you want?" Carter spoke in a cold tone.

"It's Y/n whom I want to talk to. Let's go Y/n." He reached his palm towards you.

*Smack*

It wasn't Carter who slapped James but Alex.

"Why are you still with him you b'tch? Didn't I already give you your down payment? You're switching sides now?" Alex said in a domineering voice.

"Don't call her b'tch you bastard." James rertorted.

"It's you again. Who the f'ck are you?" Alex frowned his brows.

"Y/n, you're here. I've been looking for you everywhere since yesterday-" Julian suddenly arrived.

You don't know what to feel seeing all of this happening in front of you. You wanted to run away in a place where the four of them doesn't exist.

That's right. A place where they don't exist.

Where is that place?

One thing popped in your mind.

You've never had this idea before but you felt happy now that you've finally thought of it.

There's only two places where those four's existence cease to appear.

Those places are...

.
.
.
.

Heaven and hell.

________

A/N: Did that red haired and golden eyed student remind you of someone? Kyle? Is that you from Arc 1? Lol haha I'm sure you forgot, I forgot too, we all forgot ◉‿◉