Arc 1: Chapter 17

When you woke up, the first thing you felt was the pain lingering in your body because of yesterday's incident.

Your arms, back and especially your head.

You were feeling a bit dizzy.

You were afraid of it.

You don't want this very feeling to keep haunting you in your entire life forever.

You looked at the mirror and saw your cheeks... They were red. You took the first aid kit and put a bandage on your cheek. It was painful.

You checked the time and it was already 7 am.

If you were to prepare everything now with pressure, you'd still be late for school.

So you decided to take things slowly and prepared yourself.

"I'll get going now."

"Hmph." Your aunt snorted.

Right now, you felt like everything was already hopeless.

'I wonder what's my purpose in life?' You thought.

You decided to skip school today and walk towards the roadbridge which was a ten-minute walk from where you're currently are.

At first, you watched the lovely view of the sea and felt the nice breeze of the sea wind.

But thinking about all the things that happened in your life, you suddenly had this urge to jump down and end everything.

You started climbing over the fence but suddenly, you were pulled behind.

"What the hell are you doing!?" The person said in an angry voice.

It was Kyle.

"Tell me, were you about to jump just now!?" He shouted.

You were silent the whole time.

You didn't deny the fact you tried to jump just now.

"You.... do you want to die?" He asked.

You still didn't reply.

The thing you did earlier held no meaning for you. It was like your body voluntarily did it without your mind agreeing to it.

But you wanted to do it.

Tears then came out of your eyes without you knowimg.

You didn't know what to feel or what to say. Tears just kept flowing from your eyes like waterfall.

You didn't feel, frustrated, overwhelmed, angry, and anything.

You were currently emotionless and lifeless.

Like a doll.

"He- Hey, why're you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Hey! Tell me! Damn it!"

Kyle didn't know how to console others. When he sees women cry, he always disregarded it.

But now when he saw you cry, he totally freaked out.

Even he himself doesn't know the reason why he's acting like this towards you.

When you saw his hand was about to reach you, you immediately flinched.

"No! Don't hurt me! Please, I'll place first! I'll give you the money! Don't lock me up again! Heuk-" You sobbed as you protected yourself from something that was about to hurt you.

Your current mind was totally confused.

All of those pain you experienced can no longer be kept inside.

You've tried hard these past years enduring the pain without freedom.

But you didn't know that it made you crazy as time passed by.

Kyle was surprised by your sudden action.

What the hell did exactly happen for you to act like this?

"Y/n." Kyle held your hand.

"No!"

When you felt his hand, it was like your body had lost all its strength.

You fell unconscious and your body was caught by Harold.

"What did you do to her?" Harold asked Kyle.

"Harold? How did you come here?" Kyle asked.

"None of your business."

"Now tell me, what did you do to her?" Harold added.

"Huh? I didn't do anything to her. I even saved her from almost jumping." Kyle said.

"She tried to jump? Why?" Harold asked in a surprised tone.

"I don't know 'kay? I tried to ask her but she suddenly went crying over something. Dammit. What did she experience to act that way?"

"What did Y/n say earlier?"

"She sobbed about placing first and giving money to someone. She said to not hurt and lock her up again." Kyle said in a low voice.

"Give her to me. I'll take her to the hospital." Kyle said as he opened his arms.

"No. She hates hospitals. I'll take her." Harold insisted.

"Tch." Kyle clicked his tongue.

They separated ways after all that talk.

'I'll make the person who did this to Y/n pay a hundred fold.' Harold and Kyle similarly thought.