Arc 3: Chapter 4

"Then, that will be all. I expect to receive the submission of your project tomorrow before 2 pm." The teacher announced.

"Yes, sir." The students replied.

"Class is dismissed." He added.

Y/n then organized her things and put it in her bag. It was still 11 am and she only had one class for the day.

The admins announced that there will be no classes in the afternoon since they wanted the students to study for the upcoming exams.

The student beside her still hasn't left.

'What's his name again? Vaughn?'

"Um, excuse me. Your name is Vaughn right?" She tapped his shoulder.

"Ah, yes." He replied.

"Vaughn.. have you eaten yet?"

"No." He said.

"Great! Come with me. Let's eat together. My treat. Is that alright with you?" Y/n offered.

'I still want to have a closer look of his eyes.'

"Sure. It's not a problem at all." He smiled.

'Beautiful.' She thought.

The two of them walked outside the classroom together. While walking, there were a lot of glances that landed on them.

"Is that Vaughn? Who's that woman beside him?"

"Are the two of them together?"

"Our male god is walking side by side with a girl?"

Even though they were whispering at each other, Y/n can still hear them clearly. Though her eyesight has gone bad, her ears are still intact.

'Vaughn must be famous. After all, who wouldn't be famous with that handsome face?'

"Don't mind them." Vaughn whispered.

She just nodded in reply.

She didn't really mind all those talks.

As a famous author, those small talks are just 0.01% out of all those bashes and hateful comments of her anti fans.

'Not a big deal.'

"Where do you want to eat? What do you want to eat?" Y/n asked.

"I'm fine with anything." He replied.

"Alright then."

They walked inside a certain reataurant of the mall.

It was a fast food restaurant.

"What's your order?" The cashier asked.

"What do you want?" She whispered at Vaughn.

"Anything you want." He answered.

"Excuse me, we have a couple meal in the menu. We're actually offering a discount for couples right now." The cashier smiled.

"Pardon?"

Y/n was sure she heard the cashier wrong.

'Did she just imply that we're a couple?'

"We are offering a special discount for couples in this week right now. Do you want to order the couple set?" She stated.

"Okay. We'll have the set." Y/n replied.

"Alright. One couple meal.. that will be $19." She said while typing on the keyboard.

Y/n went to find her card but before she did, Vaughn already paid in the counter.

"Keep the change." He said as he handed the cash.

"Thank you. Please take this number. Your order will arrive later on." She smiled.

The two of them took a seat on a certain area and Y/n just stared at him. He sat in the opposite of her so she get to take a good look on his face.

Especially his eyes.

"Is there.. something on my face?" He asked.

"I clearly said that it's my treat yet you're the one who paid for the food." Y/n said as she tranferred her sight to his mole.

'I want to poke it.'

"Oh. I forgot about that." He uttered.

There was one thing Y/n found strange about him.

Earlier, when she introduced myself, he responded accordingly. When she asked him out, he conceded. When they walked together, he stood silent.

When others talked about her, he comforted her. When she wanted to treat him, he paid for the meal.

'Why isn't he murmuring about a single thing? Isn't he gonna ask why I'm suddenly clinging onto him?'

Whenever she talks to him, he always carry a soft and smiling expression.

What a total gentleman. Her total type.

"Aren't you curious why I asked you out?" Y/n indifferently asked.

"...Why?" He asked.

"It's because-"

"Number 28? Here's the couple meal. I hope you enjoy." The waiter placed the tray in the table.

"Ah, thanks." 

The waiter nodded and walked away.

"Let's eat?" Y/n smiled.

"Yes." He replied.

The two of them started eating and finished after a few minutes later.

"Was the food delicious?" He asked.

"Yes. Thanks for paying my treat. It was good." She chuckled. "Then... bye I guess?" Y/n added.

"Hmn."

Y/n started walking towards home but found it odd when Vaughn just followed behind her.

"Are you going on the same street?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Oh."

After a few minutes, Y/n arrived at the apartment and Vaughn was still following behind her.

"Same apartment?" She asked in surprise.

"Yes." He chuckled.

"Oh my goodness. What a funny coincidence." Y/n laughed. "Then, what room are you?"

"Room 9 in 2nd floor." He answered.

"What?! That's the room just beside me! This is too much for a coincidence!" She laughed again.

'This is a great opportunity to know more about him.' Y/n thought.

"Haha. Yeah." He scratched his head.

'It's a coincidence because I made it that way.' Vaughn grinned in his mind.

They went upstairs and Y/n opened her apartment's door.

"Well then, see you later Vaughn."

"Yes. You too." He briefly replied.

***

Y/n lied directly on her bed as soon as she entered her room.

When she closed her eyes, the only image that was imprinted on her mind were the handsome feautures of her neighbor.

A thought immediately came straight to her mind and she started writing a few sentences on her journal.

Today, I finally found the man of my tastes.

Based on my observation for today, he is the perfect match of my type's description.

Therefore,

He's mine.