Arc 4: Chapter 3

"Where's my lunch?" Alex asked.

It was already the second day since you became Alex's 'loyal dog.'

Yesterday, he was making you do all sort of things. Buying him lunch, answering his assignments and always listening to whatever he says.

You had to accept it no matter what the condition or else he'll resort to violence since he's a delinquent.

Violence.... that's one thing you never want to be part of.

You remember that one time where a classmate in middle school pushed you from the rooftop- luckily, you fell right into the pool or else you'd be dead already.

The reason why that student pushed you was because she was jealous that you got first place in the math competition.

That classmate's parents compensated through paying the medical bills and the school expelled her. After all, the school doesn't want problematic students.

That one experience gave you trauma and the inability to go to school for many weeks.

You don't want to experience that again, thus leading you to accept your fate.

"You can have mine..." You handed your lunchbox.

*Smack!*

The lunchbox fell and it's contents got spilled.

"You want me to eat that? Buy me a new one. And clean that sh't before you do." He uttered.

"Yes..." You started cleaning the spilt contents. It was a shame to waste food like that.

Seeing you respond obediently like that made Alex feel good for himself. He wondered why he didn't do this ever since a long time ago.

Having a loyal dog was fun for him.

After you were finished, you walked towards the cafeteria and many eyes landed on you.

"Pft- look at her. Did you know that she's Alex's dog?"

"Goodness I could never do something like that."

"She must be a b'tch for accepting Alex's request."

"This must be one of her methods to seduce someone. Acting pure, that is.."

Gossip. It was already part of your life ever since a kid.

You disregarded their mocking eyes and finally arrived at the cafeteria.

"What will you have??" The cashier asked.

"I'll have lunch A please." You replied.

"Just a moment... here. That'll be $12." She handed you the plastic bag.

You paid for the meal and walked back to the classroom.

When you came back, Alex was already sleeping so you just placed the food beside him.

"Y/n." Julian spoke from behind.

You turned around and looked at him.

"I heard you became his loyal dog. Is it true?" He glared at you.

You don't want to answer that question since it was a bit offensive but it was true. You had to do it.

"... Yes." You answered in an emotionless tone.

"You're such a slut, Y/n." Julian giggled. "How about you become my pet instead? I promise to treat you better than a stray dog." He whispered.

You stayed silent and stared into nothingness.

"Think about it Y/n." Julian grinned.

You turned back to sit properly and caught Carter's gaze.

He too was glaring at you like you did something wrong.

You averted from his gaze and just read the book for the next subject.

...

Classes already ended and this time, you needed to work since you were absent for straight two days.

If this keeps coming up, you'll have to choice but to quit the job again.

"Where are you going?" Alex stopped your steps.

"... Work." You thinly replied.

"Work? Isn't your job to be my loyal dog?" He walked towards in front of you and took something out of his pocket.

He threw money above your head like they were normal papers. The quantity he threw was really big though.

You already counted all of them and it was enough to provide you for the next two months.

"There. It's all yours. Now you won't need that crappy job right?" He scoffed. "I'll see you tomorrow, b'tch." He walked out of the classroom.

You picked the money that fell to the floor. After all, you needed this much just to ensure your provisions.

"Hah. You're really this desperate?" Carter's mocking voice echoed inside the room. "So you accepted to be his dog just for money? What a b'tch."

He squatted in front of you. "If you want, you can be my maid. I'll give you more than Alex can pay. What do you say?" He playfully smiled.

You just stayed silent at his offer.

He was clearly playing with you.

"Hmm I'll take that silence as a yes then. What are you doing? Come assist this young master of yours, MAID." He grabbed you hand and started walking.

You definitely did not agree to anything like that.

"Please.. let go." You silently sobbed.

"Hm? What did you say?"

"I- I did not agree anything so.. please let go-"

"Huh? Who says I need your approval to be my maid? It was me who picked you up so just accept it whore." He uttered.

There was one thing you found strange.

Alex made you his loyal dog and Julian wantsnyou to be his pet. Now, Carter is dragging you with him because you are his maid like he said.

Why was everyone so obsessed in making you a servant?

They really ruin you to no end.

You look at the sky as you were dragged by Carter.

Right now, you felt nothing. You didn't feel angry or hatred. Just pure nothingness. Maybe this is how accepting your destiny feel like.

Somewhere far, you noticed that Julian was looking at you from the principal's office.

He was glaring at you like how Carter did.

'Why do they keep glaring at me?'