Arc 2: Chapter 9

"Y/n."

Cain was about to land another kiss at her when suddenly, his body was hit directly to the wall.

"Are you alright, Y/n?" Xavier asked as he helped her get up.

"Prince Xavier." Y/n was a bit relieved that he came.

Seeing the wound on her lips made it made Xavier's blood boil.

"Cain." Xavier growled.

"I'm alright, Prince Xavier. I think I need to go ahead first."

Y/n hurriedly left the clinic. She was still surprised of the events that happened earlier.

'What the hell is wrong with them?'

All of their actions totally creeped her out.

'Why can't they just let me die? I'm sick of this. I'm so sick of this.' She sighed as he calmed herself.

"Hm? What's wrong Y/n?" Another sweet voice asked.

'Prince Louis!'

Y/n knelt down and begged him, "Your highness, please kill me. I beg of you. I'm very tired, please kill me." Tears were about to fall from her eyes.

Louis was startled by her actions. Hearing Y/n's plea made him mad.

He knelt down to her eye level and sweetly whispered, "Who told you to die?"

"What?"

Y/n confirmed one thing.

All of them were playing her.

The crown prince clearly told her that she'll die through execution yet their actions contradicted it.

She felt that they were preventing her death.

"Y/n, do you really want to die?"

"Yes. Please kill me."

Louis kissed her forehead and grinned evilly. "No."

'They're crazy. Killing me is a simple thing. Why can't they do it?'

Y/n quickly ran away from him and Louis just left her be.

'I'm not gonna let you die Y/n.' He smirked.

"Hah, hah."

While running, Y/n bumped into something that caused her to fall abruptly to the ground.

"Where are you going?" Gerald held her hand to help her get up.

"Your highness, you hate me right? You want me die to right? Please kill me!" This is the second time that Y/n had to beg.

But Gerald didn't want her to beg like this.

He wants her to beg in order to live. Yet she's doing the opposite.

But seeing her teary eyes and crying face, he immediately forgot those immoral thoughts.

He hugged Y/n and patted her back. "Shh. Don't worry Y/n, no one's going to kill you." He said in a caring tone.

Y/n pushed Gerald and walked away from him.

'Y/n. You're mine.'

Gerald continued to walk as he finished watching Y/n's running image

'Crazy. They're crazy.'

There was only one person that Y/n thought right now.

'That's right. Prince Davis considers me as a filthy rat. Maybe he can help me die.'

Y/n wandered around the palace to look for Davis.

"What are you doing?" A voice appeared up from behind.

"Prince Davis!" Y/n showed a dazzling smile.

Davis was speechless when he looked at her ethereal face. 'Damn it. She's beautiful.'

"What do you want?"

Y/n eyed the sword that was hanging beside his hip.

"That... I know that I'm a filthy person and I don't deserve to be here in the palace. So before the execution is held, can you please kill me?"

"Execution? What are you talking about?"

"Pardon?"

Davis walked towards her and leaned his face beside her ears.

"We already killed the emperor. So there's no need for an execution. Don't worry Y/n, you're not gonna die." He grinned.

"What? You killed the emperor?"

'I can't believe them.'

Y/n stepped closer to Davis and quickly unsheathed his sword. She stabbed her chest and the sword passed through her body.

"Y/n!"

'Hahh. I shouldn't have believed the execution thingy in the first place.'

All she did was cling on to the tiny hope that one of them will kill her. Literally. But it seems like that was not the case.

It was like... they're trying to cage her.

Those were her last thoughts before she slowly succumbed to uconsciousness.

.
.

When Y/n opened her eyes, she was in the same old room again.

"Oh, you're done writing?" Sheila grinned.

"Yeah."

Sheila noticed that Y/n's usual bright attitude was gone. Her eyes were lifeless and she was expressionless.

It was face that has experienced a lot of things already.

"Are you alright Y/n?"

Y/n crept her lips upward and showed a cheerful attitude. "I'm alright! I just had a long and terrible nightmare. No biggie." She smiled.

"Whew, you totally scared me there."

"Let's go? I think the headmaid is waiting for us." Y/n stood up and starightened herself.

"Huh? Where are you going?"

"What do you mean? Don't we have a guest this morning?"

"Ah! You're talking about the crown prince? He's visiting the duke to discuss some matters. But why go to the headmaid though?"

Something was odd.

Why would the crown prince visit the duke in the first place? Wasn't the duke part of the rebellion?

Isn't he gonna kill all the people in the duchy?

"Let's go Y/n. We still have a lot of things to do."

"Uh, you go ahead first. I'll catch up later."

"Okay. Byee."

Sheila left and closed the door.

Y/n's bright face was wiped off when she left and her usual lifeless demeanor was back.

'Strange....'