Arc 1: Chapter 15

"Do you have a library card?" You asked Edmond while walking upstairs towards the library.

"No."

"Hm. I see."

The two of you then walked inside and there were huge amount of books displayed on the shelves.

"Here's my library card." You gave the card to the librarian.

"Y/n L/n. Oh, the one who holds a special privilege?" She asked.

You nodded.

"Here. It's the category of books you can borrow on shelf #75. You can only borrow three though." She stated as she gave you a paper.

"Thanks."

You started walking and fastened your pace towards shelf #75.

Edmond just followed you quietly from behind.

"There it is."

You finally arrived at the said location and the books that was displayed there made you feel brightened.

The shelf was like 7 feet and the book you looked for was at the top. You searched for a chair or ladder to reach the book you eyed but couldn't find one.

You saw a person pass by. It was a staff.

"Excuse me. Are there any ladders or chairs available right now?" You asked.

"Oh about that, we are sorry to inform you that all the ladders and chairs and still kept by the maintenance team for a moment. There was an accident last time so they took it for safety measures." He explained.

"...I see. Thank you."

He nodded and left.

You wondered what to do and thought of ways to reach the book.

Then there was Edmond.

You stared at him indifferently.

"Is there something I can do?" He asked.

"Yes. Can you reach that book over there?" You pointed at the book.

"...I'll try."

Edmond's attempt failed and you felt disappointed.

"Shall I carry you?" He smiled.

'Oh, that's a nice suggestion.'

"Alright."

He then lifted you up and straight away, you were able to reach the book you yearned for.

In the meantime, Edmond was surprised about how light you were.

"Ed."

He was startled when you called his name.

"Yes?"

"I said you can already put me down. Aren't I heavy?" You said.

He put you down and noticed that the book you're holding were new to his eyes.

"What is that book about?"

"This? It's just a time-passer." You replied.

"Theories of Human Development?" He said as he reads the book.

"Yes. And can you carry me again to that area over there? There's another two I want to borrow."

He lifted you up again then you took the two books you wanted to borrow.

"Thanks. You can put me down now." You said in a soft voice.

"Y/n."

"Yes?"