Arc 1: Chapter 20

"Y/n, what does this part mean?" Harold asked.

"Oh, this one? It means you need to multiply this term right here and add it later on with its like terms." You explained.

After you explained everything to Harold earlier, it felt like a deep thorn that was stuck deeply got removed. You were burdens were finally relieved.

And now during the two hours of self-study session, Harold sat beside you and the two of you studied together.

"Hey, I heard that the two of them are in a relationship."

"What?! That slut Y/n truly is something huh?"

"Yeah. And she even seduced our campus crush who has a fiancé. Oh! And Kyle senpai too. He broke up with Larah just because of her."

"Really? She's one hell of a whore."

"I know. And now she's targeting Harold."

"Then... do you really believe that she got a perfect score?"

"Gosh, I can't even tell right now."

The gossips and whisperings didn't stop it. You heard the whole class talking about you and you didn't mind it.

Since you don't care a single thing about them.

Harold who noticed that you were not moved by all of the talk, remained still for your sake.

'I'll take care of them later.' Harold quietly thought.

"Harry."

"Yes?"

"Are you listening?" You asked since he looked out of it earlier.

"Yes."

The two of you continued to study and converse each other about the assigned topic.

"Y/n." Tiara suddenly interrupted.

"Hm?"

"Can I meet with you later? I need to ask you something about the impromptu speech." She said while glaring at your eyes.

You totally forgot that there was still a Literature Month to be held and you were the assigned student for feature writing.

"Ah.. alright." You replied.

She just snobbed and walked back towards her seat.

No sooner later, the literature teacher went inside the classroom and called the two of you.

"L/n and Iceberg. Come with me. There's something we need to discuss." He announced.

"I'll get going first, Harry." You said.

"Alright. I'll see you later." He replied with a smile.

Tiara walked outside first and you followed after.

.
.

"Iceberg." The teacher said.

"Yes sir?" Tiara replied.

"I'm sorry to infrom you about this but... your spot in attending the extemporaneous speech... has been taken." The teacher disappointedly said.

"What?! Who has the nerve to take my spot-!"

"It's Angeline."

"Ange- Angeline?" She stuttered.

"She's the principal's daughter. I'm afraid that you need to concede for now because it might bring me in a tight spot. Please, I'll ask you this one time." He begged.

"No way... then what Y/n?! What about her?! Why isn't she backing down from the competetion?!" She demanded an explanation.

"Because she got the exam perfectly. We're talking about the representatives of each school. This isn't a matter to be taken lightly-"

"Alright. I get it. I'll back down from the spot."

'You'll pay for this Y/n.' She thought

Tiara returned to the classroom as soon as she finished talking.

"Hahh.. and you Y/n. I just want to tell you that you study hard because there's a consolation prize if you become the champion. The school's reputation depends on you so, goodluck." He stated.

'Consolation prize? I don't want any of it since aunt will just take it from me.' You silently thought.

"Thank you sir." You bowed.

"Alright. You can go back to your classroom."

.
.

When you opened the classroom door, another round of gossip was held. You looked around the classroom and didn't see Harold anywhere.

"Y/n. I heard that you took Tiara's spot in feature writing. Is that true?" A classmate asked.

"No." You briefly replied.

Slap!

Your left cheek got slapped.

"Woooooooo." The whole class wooed.

Slap!

This time, your right cheek got hit.

You couldn't even count how many times you've been slapped in your life anymore.

"Oh yeahhhhhh." The boys exclaimed.

You were far too afraid to fight back right now. Your eyesight got dimmer and you only heard the laughter of your classmates right now.

Tears didn't flow from your eyes but your heartbeat went crazy at this moment.

This was the first time you experienced something like this. Getting slapped and humiliated in front of the class.

It was a disgusting feeling.

You just wanted to erase your whole existence right here and now but you couldn't.

When another slap was about to land in your cheek, a certain hand stopped it.

"Who!"

"This class is such a trash." Kyle said as he threw the person who was about to slap you in the ground.

"Kya!"

"Kyle senpai! What brings you here?" One of the girls shyly asked.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Kyle asked in a soft tone while touching your cheeks.

You flinched when he touched you.

Kyle then remembered the time when you were about to jump at the bridge. You had the same reaction when he tried to touch you that time.

"Y/n. Who slapped you?" He asked as he glanced at the girl he threw to the ground earlier.

You didn't say anything. You felt too humiliated at the moment.

Kyle then leaned towards you and whispered in your ears;

"Do you want me to bury her 6 ft. below the ground?"