Arc 1: Chapter 14

"Okay, I have a question."

"Who can tell me which play of Shaw satirises European materialism? You can choose from the choices but make sure to explain it." The teacher added.

The first subject for today was literature.

When you heard the word Shaw, you were reminded of the book that you've read in the library not that long ago.

It was a biography book about George Bernard Shaw, an Irish playwright. The book contained information about his life, his experiences, his work and career.

There were choices on the board but none of them were correct.

You raised your hand.

"Yes L/n?" The teacher said.

"There are none of the choices that are deemed correct Sir." You stated.

"Oh? Care to explain why?" He grinned.

You looked at the board and knew what type of answers they were.

The answers were written there in order to confuse the students on purpose.

'Common tactic.' You thought.

"There are two things that are on my mind."

Your teacher nodded at your words.

"Alright, explain." He said.

"First, all four choices written on the board which are Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet and Othello are not written by Shaw but by William Shakespeare, who is an English playwright."

"And second, The correct answer of your question is Heartbreak House which is published in 1919 in which it was first played at the Garrick Theatre in November 1920. It was written by George Bernard Shaw, an Irish playwright." You added.

The whole classroom was silent when you finished talking.

Harold was looking at you with admiration secretly.

"Correct. Thank you L/n, you may take your seat." The teacher was speechless.

You took your seat and the lecture continued.

...

"All of you may take your lunch. L/n and Iceberg, the two of you, come with me for a moment." Your teacher said.

You followed him with Tiara Iceberg.

She was a classmate who sat in the middle part of the classroom.

Base on your observation, she was the one who always stared daggers at you and the one who got a perfect score on her literature exam.

She always debated with you when the subject was literature, but you always end up winning nonchalantly.

You always felt her glares ever since you placed first in the exam.

"Okay listen to me for now. I noticed that the two of you were excellent in my subject. Especially you, L/n."

Tiara was overjoyed when the teacher praised the two of you but went downhill when the teacher mentioned a name.

'L/n, L/n, L/n! Why is it always her?! I studied a lot to come this far yet she pops out and takes my place as the best in this subject?!' She thought.

"Since the two of you are on par, I decided that on the celebration of Literature Month, Iceberg will be the representative for the extemporaneous speech and L/n will be participating in the feature writing." He said.

Tiara looked at him with surprise.

"Sir! Feature writing is my field! I don't even participate in an impromptu contest but extemporaneous speech?! I always-!"