Arc 3: Chapter 1

Egbertyne Paris.

That's the pseudonym of a famous author who's very well-known in writing gothic stories, horror, and violence.

Millions of copies of her books were bought and it always got sold out everytime it was published.

Her fans and readers never knew what she looked like in real life. The only thing they knew was that, the author was a female and nothing more.

She never had a meet up with her fans or held a signing event of her books. All she did was write and publish everytime she finishes a book.

Her fans and readers never murmured or talked against her. Because they loved her books.

But Y/n knows her. She knows who the author is.

Because that so-called famous author... is her.

"Hahh... this thing I made sure sounds a bit cringey." Y/n said as she lied on the bed after. She was writing something about her pseudonym self.

That's right. That famous author whom everyone called Egbertyne Paris is none other than her.

Y/n L/n.

She's just a normal nineteen year-old college student studying in a university with a side job as an author, writer, and novelist.

Y/n started writing when she was fifteen years old and posted her first horror story somewhere in a famous writing website.

And that's where an opportunity landed to her.

The ceo himself offered Y/n to be their official writer and he wanted her to sign a contract with them. She felt exhilirated that time.

Y/n had no problem with it so she just accepted the offer and started writing as an official author.

In fact, she makes money by writing.

She already published more than twenty horror books and still have a lot to write. Each of those book has a million copies itself.

Four of her books were already taken in and made into a movie while the others were made as a series.

*Ding!*

Y/n checked her phone after she heard the notification.

[Ms. Y/n. We just want to remind you that the final deadline of "Eyes to See" your book, is the day after tomorrow. Please submit it to us before 2 pm. Lots of love, your editors. Hehe.]

"These humans want to kill me." She muttered.

The only people who knows about her real identity are her editors and the ceo of the publishing company which she signed a contract with.

The only people who knows about her as the famous writer; Egbertyne Paris.

They asked many times about the reason why she still go to college even though she already has a lot of money enough for her to spend a lifetime with.

Well... because she's bored.

It's boring to only write, write and write. She still wants to do many other things.

Y/n got up from the bed and opened her laptop.

She browsed her official website and opened more than a thousand of new notifications from her fans.

[I love your work author! Please stay safe always!]

[The movie was great but the written work is more fabulous! I love it so much!]

[I would spend a million just to meet with you! I love your books very much!!]

[Wahhh I want to see you in real life!]

[I would make a thousand poster if I could see your face!!]

A lot of them wrote about how they love her book and how desperate they are to meet with Y/n in real life.

'Why do they want to meet with me? Isn't it already enough that they get to read my work?'

She suddenly saw a new notification that popped out and clicked it.

[Please respect the author's decision and privacy. It wouldn't be best to pressure her with all your desperate comments.]

An anonymous user wrote.

'Hm. Well said.'

She then signed out from the website and opened her bank account.

"Y/n... L/n." She said while typing.

[Hello Y/n!] The website greeted.

Y/n went to check her remaining balance and was surprised that it suddenly grew more than the last time she checked.

[CO.R Publishing company sent you the following amount: $50,000.00]

[ Total Balance: $ 61, 397, 200, 510.75 ]

.
.

"I should buy an ice cream."

She dressed up casually and brought a small sling bag. Inside it was her black bank account card, a notebook, a pen with recorder camera, and her phone.

Y/n glanced at the full-body mirror and thought that she looked baggy.

Oversized sweater and jogging pants.

She tied her long H/c hair that went up to her waist into a bun and wore her round glasses.

Her eyes were E/c that matched her H/c hair.

'I wonder whom I got it from? My dad? My mom perhaps?'

Well... that's a question that can never be answered.

Because she was an orphan.

Y/n lived at an orphanage til the age of fifteen and when she started making money, she lived independently in this simple apartment.

Her only home.

She locked the door and left the apartment.

The mall was not far from my apartment so she just walked.

Y/n noticed the billboard at the top of the mall and saw the face of a famous celebrity. A famous celebrity who is the main character of her horror story, Eyes to See.

The story already had three volumes and it's currently being made into an upcoming series.

That's why her editors keep telling her to submit the last chapters already.

'I wonder why they chose him as the protagonist? He's...... not my type.' She shrugged.

That's right. Y/n L/n has a peculiar requirement of a man she's really interested in.

His hair must be pure black, his eyes blacker than pure abyss and most especially, he must have a mole right below his left eye placed in the center a little above his cheeks.

Eyes. His eyes must look lifeless. She loves lifeless eyes. Black and darkest eyes. She's obsessed with it. The mole makes those eyes more sexy. It makes her crazy.

Y/n only discovered that she had this weird fetish ever since she entered college.

Apparently, no one knows about it except her.

People who live here usually either have blue, grey, green and brown eyes with blonde hair. Black hair and eyes are rarely seen.

If ever she meets a person who matches those descriptions, she will totally marry him.

But that's impossible.

Because there's no such person.