Arc 1: Chapter 3

"Y/n." You heard someone call your name.

You turned your head and saw a familiar face.

He was the one whom you bumped into yesterday.

'How does he know my name?'

"How can I help you?"

"You dropped this." He handed your math notebook.

"Oh, thank you." You took it away from him and gave thanks.

"It's nothing."

"....Bye then." You walked away from him.

"Wait." Edmond grabbed your hand.

"!?"

"My name is Ed." He said.

You tilted your head and wondered why he was saying that all of a sudden.

This little action of yours made Edmond blush slightly.

"Okay. Please let go. I'll be late in my class." You thinly said.

"Ah, sorry. See you then."

You nodded and continued to walk.

"Stay away from Y/n."

Harold said to Edmond as he passed by him.

Edmond saw Harold's cold gaze and fired back a smiling face.

'I don't think I can do that.' Edmond thought to himself.

...

You opened the door of your classroom and sighed in relief when you saw that classes haven't started yet.

Thankfully, your seat was close by and you didn't have to walk far.

The moment you took your seat, the teacher entered the classroom.

"Alright everyone. Next week is your exams. Please copy the schedule in your notebooks." Ms. Carnation said as she wrote in the board.

'Right, I just transferred in the middle of the year. The exams will be close by in no time.'

"Today, we will have a self-study session. You can take your break at 10 am. Remember that you will have a bunch of quizzes in the afternoon." She said.

"Yes, Miss." The class replied in unison.

"Y/n, come with me for a moment." She added.

"Yes, Ms. Carnation." You stood up and followed her until you arrive at the teacher's office.

"Just a second."

You stood straight, waiting for her.

"Aha! Here you go." She gave you a bunch of papers and few books.

"Since you just recently tranferred, I figured that you might need those notes and books to study for the upcoming exams."

"Thank you, Miss." You were really grateful from the bottom of your heart.

This way, you'll be able to study hard and place first in the exams as promised.

"You may go back in the classroom." She said.

"Okay. Thank you again Ms. Carnation." You then returned to the classroom and studied after.

You were just flipping the papers that Ms. Carnation gave you and took one glance in each.

After you've finished reading, you studied for the upcoming quiz in the afternoon.

It was already break time and you decided to go out and explore the school.