Aftermath pt.3

"No, It's likes this!" (Y/n) said through laughs as she showed Five the property to hold a phone.

"Why do people even use phones?! It such a waste of time!" He complained as he glared at his new phone.

"They use it in order to communicate with others, and for entertainment purposes." She explained as she took a hold of his hand and place the phone the right way up. Her contact with his hand makes his cheeks radiate heat for a second.

The pair were currently at Griddy's, after they're run in at the park, Five had concluded that they had a lot more in common than he thought and requested for her to accommodate him there during the week. (Y/n) was more and willing to join him at their local café. Currently, she was trying to explain how modern technology works since he's so old.

"See there you got it!" She said applauding him as he unlocked his phone and scroll through the apps.

"Now I just gotta teach you how to use each app then we're good!" She said as she giggled.

Five rolled his eyes, "Oh how wonderful." He sighed with sarcasm. This made (y/n) playfully rolls her eyes back.

After a bit more talking, eating, and teaching Five had the guts to ask her a more personal question.

"So can you explain the whole "Missing girl after the fire?"

(Y/n) felt a pit in her stomach as she thought of that memory again and all the events that went with it.

"My apologies, you don't have to explain-"

"No, it's alright." She sighed out, sitting him off. She took a deep breath in and faced him in the booth that they shared.

"That fire is the start of all of my problems, back when the handler was in charge she started that fire in my house to kill my father, knowing to her that I was still in there. After the building burned I was able to escape, but father was not so lucky. She hadn't realized her mistake until she saw me trembling in the woods behind the burning building. After that, she took me in and started treating me like her own. I learned all the basics of assassination and the commission itself and before I knew it I was killing people. A little bit before the commission got new management they were testing more briefcases to make assassination easier and more effective-"

"Age manipulation." Five said cutting her off.

"Exactly, I volunteer to be one of the test subjects and it worked! I mean look at me I'm 16 again! But when they tried to bring my age back up- they- I wasn't so lucky..." she said with a deep sigh.

"Aren't you mad at them!" Five chimed in, getting visibly frustrated that she had to go through that.

"Of course I was mad but it wasn't like I could do anything about it I volunteered!" She said. "But I learned to let that go and enjoy being young again, then the management changed and I was able to catch a long, and much needed, break." She sighed, finishing her story.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how frustrating it is to be put back to an age you never thought you'd be ever again." He said putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, but I'm just trying to enjoy it you know?" She said smiling, making him blush a bit.

They both stayed silent for a few minutes, drinking their coffee and eating. Then (y/n) spoke up.

"So what about you? What's your sob story?" She said nudging his shoulder.

"Oh- well you already know most of it I was with the Umbrella Academy for 13 years stuck in the apocalypse for 40 and worked with the commission for 20." He explained.

"Ugh, when you phrase it like that it's boring!" (Y/n) complain childishly, making Five smiles.

Five had grown to like (y/n)'s company, it was better than hanging out with his siblings. It was also nice that he had someone to bond with, someone that went through the same experiences that he has. She gave him the same feeling Deloris did back when they first met. He had a feeling things were finally slowing down and he could enjoy the little things, like (y/n).