Coffee

(Y/n) had her hip rested against the counter as she scrolled through her phone waiting for her hot coffee. The snow was heavily raining down on the earth. As people still stuck out in it rushed to find shelter. She heard a couple of dings from the door's bell but paid to mind as she was here for one thing and one thing only.

"Tall black coffee!" The waiter called out as she set the coffee next to (y/n) on the counter.

Without looking up from her phone she reached her hand down for the drinks but was surprised when she was met with something else.

She looked down at the cup in surprise as it did not feel like the Styrofoam of a hot coffee cup but the warmth of another hand. She then looked up at whose hand it belonged to. She was then pleasantly surprised when she was met with a boy just about her height with dark brown hair that swept to the side, beautiful emerald eyes, and a frown that didn't suit him.

"Oh, my bad I think you have my coffee." (Y/n) said not taking her hand off the cup.

"No, I believe it's the other way around." Said the boy, he didn't sound pleased but (y/n) couldn't care less.

"Sorry, babe but I think I was here first... so~ this is mine." She said standing her ground, as she pulled the cup a bit as not to spill but to hopefully pull from his grasp. Which sadly she underestimated the young boy's strength and persistence for this coffee as to which he did not budge.

"Actually I do believe you are still mistaken as for it is mine." He said pulling it back towards him, also hoping to pull from her grasp.

"Bro it's literally min-"

"Tall Black coffee!" The waitress called out again paying no mind to the two. Both their heads turned to the new black coffee sitting right next to their current one.

(Y/n) decided to be the bigger person and remove her hand first and grab the new coffee, surprising the boy in the process. Her persistence and stubbornness for the 1st cup of coffee had him convinced she would never let go, but alas their conversation was quickly over as she started to walk towards the door. In a panic as to not lose her, the boy quickly called out.

"So black coffee?" (Y/n) stopped and turned around.

"Yea, it is the best way to get Energy during a cold morning." She said smiling.

"I'm Five." He said holing out his hand for her to take.

"(Y/n)." She said taking his hand.

(Y/n) ain't no simp and is a baddie 😫👌)