Chapter 191: The Demon King IV

I heard that Yang Zi Huo has returned. He was gone for a month, and his absence felt so wistful. I worried about his safety. As soon as I heard Ying Huo said he was home, I ran to the gates. Out of breath, I stop when I see Yang Zi Huo running towards me as well.

"Yuxing? Did you run all the way here to meet me?" He asks, ceasing his run more than ten steps away.

"Zi Huo, I-" Before I could finish speaking, he rushes over and pulls my wrist forward. In his chest, I fall as his arms encloses around with an intense squeeze.

A minute or two passes by and he has yet to loosen his embrace. Feeling his chest against mine, his soft breathing down my neck, my heart begins to race.

"Yang Zi Huo... What's the matter?"

He pulls back and stares in my eyes. "I just missed you."

I let out a small sigh. "Then why were you gone for so long?"

"Sorry, I left before I could say goodbye. I don't like saying goodbye to you..."

Because he's said farewell to me too many times before...

"It's all right, although I'd prefer to see you before you depart. Anyways, I have something to give you!"

"Something to give me?"

"En! Let's go." Grabbing his hand, I lead him to my room. Our fingers intertwine, palms touching.

We enter my room and behind a pale, golden screen, a dark robe hovers as it is held up by a wooden hanger.

"You made this for me?"

"Aw. It's been awhile, but I tried to reignite my skills." Walking over to the robes, I gesture to the sleeve. "I purchased Enchanted Starlight Silk and weaved these diamond patterns onto the dark navy cloth. And then! I tried to pull from memory your measurements to sew it all together."

"Can I try it on?"

"Yes, of course!" I take the robes off the hanger and helped Yang Zi Huo put it on.

He observes the stitchings and turns around. His arms reach out and hugs me once more. "Thank you, Yuxing. It's the best gift I've ever received."

My clutch tightens around him. He still has the same scent as I remembered causing the thumping of my heart to become unstable.

"Say? Just what memories did you use to get my exact size?"

I clear my throat nervously. "Just... from before. Ah! There's another thing I wanted to give you."

"What is it?"

I go over to the table near my bed and pull the first drawer. Excitedly pacing back to Yang Zi Huo, I present another gift.

"It's a handkerchief?" Smiling, Yang Zi Huo takes the cloth from my hand.

"I remember during the Qixi Festival, I didn't get the chance to make you a handkerchief in exchange for your flower crown. Now... it all feels a bit silly, doesn't it?"

"No. Thank you. I really appreciate your gifts. They mean a lot to me." He continues staring at the handkerchief. "I'll treasure it. However, my flower arrangement talents still need a little practice."

"Well, that one flower crown was horrendously made, but still I really liked it."

"Even then? When you hated me so much?"

"I mean- I didn't know anything then. I really liked it that you tried something different just to show commitment. Anyhow! I don't want to talk about this anymore." Turning away, I can't ignore the flames consuming my cheeks. Yang Zi Huo sets ablaze a wild fire in my chest when he hugs me from behind.