Chapter 152: KSG IV

"I beg for your forgiveness, Teacher Lu." I kneel on the ground and kowtow to Teacher Lu.

He comes to me and tries to force me to stand. "Not this again. Please stand and tell me what happened."

I remain firmly on my knees. "This ungrateful lowly has... done an unforgivable deed and asks for forgiveness."

Shaking his head, Teacher Lu stands. "Why is it that you are asking for my forgiveness?"

"I-- I want to ask for your permission to marry Mingxian!"

Teacher Lu stumbles backwards. His eyebrows raised and mouth opened in shock. "What-- Why are you suddenly saying this, Lord Kong?"

It's too embarrassing to confess...

"There was an incident on Tie Qing Mountain. I only meant to save Miss Mingxian's life but... it turns out that the snake which bit her was not venomous."

"I see."

I bow my head lower in shame.

"Do you want to marry my disciple because of impropriety or do you have some affection for her?"

"I..."

"Knowing my disciple, she is hot-headed and stubborn. She will not agree to something unless she feels strongly about it."

"That is true. She... denied me right away."

"It is her pride. Although I am nothing but an old man, I know my disciple. She was quite carefree the past few days after meeting you. However, I cannot force her to marry if she does not want to. Instead I think it is best if she follows you to Invigorating Essence. Since Lord Kong believes in her talents, please guide her and teach her. From now on, I leave her to you."

I stand after hearing Teacher Lu's words. "What do you mean, Teacher Lu? Are you leaving to go somewhere?"

"I'm old now. I have nowhere to go. I don't know how long I have. Mingxian is skilled, but how can she run a clinic by herself? My only wish is for her to live independently with her vision restored."

"Teacher Lu..."

Xiao Wei brings us tea. Teacher Lu orders him to fetch Mingxian.

I'm nervous to meet her. I took a long time to think about how to best approach this situation. She denied me so strongly when we were at Tie Qing Mountain. I'm sure she hasn't changed her mind.

"Mingxian, you're here," Teacher Lu says as she walks into the study.

She's here!

"Mingxian..." I stand to meet her. She reacts coldy, keeping her distance.

"Mingxian, are you not going to greet Lord Kong?" Teacher Lu lectures.

Sighing loudly, she says, "Greetings, Lord Kong."

"Sit down, we have something to tell you," Teacher Lu demands. Feeling for the chair farthest from me, Mingxian sits down.

Teacher Lu tells her, "I heard about what happened when you two were at Tie Qing Mountain."

"Master! I--" Mingxian almost jumps out of her chair.

"You were lucky to have been saved by Lord Kong. I heard... he's asked to marry you, but you refused. Since that is your wish, I will not force you. But Lord Kong wanted to make it up to you."

"How so?"

"He's found a way to give you sight. He will conduct your treatments at Invigorating Essence Sect. Stay there with him a couple of months to see if your eyes will get better."