Chapter 145: LK III

"I'm going to stay here for a few days," I say to Madam Gu.

"Really? You will?" She is surprised but enjoying this announcement from me. Her sly lips spread into a wide smile.

"Only for awhile. Don't expect anything."

"Of course, of course! Not only is this great news making me happy, I'm sure all the girls in Xing Gan Pavilion will be delighted!"

"Yeah... Well."

I have to make as much money as I can before Na Li Jie decides to marry me off to Xiao Feng. Or worse, she leaves me to be with Brother Wong.

I didn't leave the house on a good note with Na Li Jie, and I would have liked to alleviate her anger before leaving. If I can show her that I'm more than capable of caring for her then she won't leave me for Brother Wong, and she won't have to worry about my future without a wife.

I don't need to have a normal life with wife and kids as long as I can live with Na Li Jie.

The girls at Xing Gan Pavilion all line up outside my door to sneak glances at me. Something as simple as brushing my hair back from my face give them weak knees and some of them would faint. It's really awkward.

Madam Jin visits me often and is always the primary customer I attend to. She gives me a lot of money every time as if she is a good fortune well that never runs out. I'm really blessed to know her, but I have a feeling that the more we meet, the more she expects from me.

"Have you ever been with a woman, Kong Que? I bet you have." Madam Jin leans in with her hands on top of mine. She's being rather frisky. Maybe because I poured her too much wine tonight.

Not that I haven't thought about it, but the opportunity never presented itself. The only time I even saw a naked woman was when... I went to Shui Jing Mountain with Na Li Jie, and she insisted on bathing in the hot springs, revealing her bare body to me. Sigh, I still feel sorry about that, she didn't know I was a man then.

"Kong Que... Kong Que, I'd like for us to explore each other's secrets. Do you feel disgusted by an old lady like me?"

Her arms reach around my neck, pulling me close to her chest. I stand to back away from her hold but fall back on the table with her tightly pressed up against me.

"Madam Jin, there's no way I could be disgusted by someone of your beauty..."

"Really? Then how about we prove our love to each other with our bodies?" She quickly pulls down my robes, leaving my bare chest open to the air.

She's-- She's too excited today!

All of a sudden, the door is kicked open and the light from the hall shines into the dimly lit room.

"Lu Kai, you better come here right now before I kill you."

No! Na Li Jie?!

Na Li Jie's eyes stare at us with disgust. Exhaling, she warns, "Get off him."

I push Madam Jin off and pull my clothes together. "What are you doing here, Na Li Jie?"

"What am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here?"

"You wench! Can't you see that I'm spending quality time right now with Kong Que?! You! You! You idiot! Get out!" Madam Jin points angrily at Na Li Jie while hanging onto the sleeve of my robes.

Na Li Jie walks toward us and throws Madam Jin to the side. I hear Madam Jin cry loudly as her body falls to the ground.

Na Li Jie forces my hand to interlink with hers. Even though she is so mad right now, I can't help it but feel my heart beating fast out of joy.