Chapter 103: Fifth Life - The Boss Around Here

"Where are we headed, Chuju?" I ask, awaking with irritation in my voice. The bumpy and long road made it difficult for me to get any rest.

We were in the Mideast before returning back. Running low on money, we decided to come back and earn quick taels. Chuju took charge and bought an old tea house and is excited to start up business.

Except she didn't tell me where she had bought it.

Chuju's goofy smile widens and she says, "Yeguang City, Young Miss!"

I laugh at her stupidity, "You mean Yechuan City."

She shakes her head. "No, I mean Yeguang City."

The temperature in my face rises. Impatience is setting in.

"You mean Yechuan City, the city with the popular rice cakes, the city where the famous Scholar Ping is from?"

"Nooo, Yeguang city, the city with the popular opera theater, the city next to the renowned Bleak Night Sect run by Sect Leader Yang."

"What?!" I scream and felt my body jolted into the wall of the carriage. We have arrived at our location.

"Yeguang City business have been growing rather quickly, and my research concludes that we should be able to make enough money to travel by this time next year."

"Chuju, haven't I told you we must avoid Yeguang City?!"

"But you never told me why. And you allowed me to make the decision. The best possible one for our financial situation." With that she hops out of the carriage with her wooden luggage.

"I've taught her to have too much confidence! Chuju, you!"

I rush after her carrying my two heavy luggages filled with dresses, shoes, expensive jewelry and profitable artifacts. Struggling, I lag behind her at least twenty paces.

Chuji stops walking in the middle of the busy street.

"Young Miss, I told you to leave some things behind!" She yells.

"Never!" I yell back. "I'll never leave anything so precious."

Shaking her head, she continues on.

Soon we come upon a small building with two layers of roof tiles. One layer formatting the sides of the ground level and the other drooping down over the building. There is even an outdoor patio on the left side. It is covered with a wooden ceiling to shield patrons from the sun. Good thing we decided to move back just when it is a gentle summer in Yeguang City.

"Huh. Not bad," I say as I intake the view of the cozy tea house.

"I knew you would like it. You always did like things low key," Chuju declares.

"Yes, but you clearly knew I said anywhere but Yeguang City."

"Too be honest, I was always confused whether you meant Yeguang or Yechuan."

Trembling with annoyance, I say, "Then you should have asked!"

I pick the largest bedroom on the second floor with windows facing the front. Chuju's room is on the other side of the stairs. We keep to ourselves, resting, bathing and eating because the trip back was so long.

I'm not too angry because there are advantages to being in Yeguang City. What Chuju said was right. It's a vibrant city filled with tons of outgoing civilians and promising merchants. However, Bleak Night is right next door! I must be careful and avoid any sort of attention.

The next few days we started preparing for our opening. It's not going to be grand at all. We will open the tea house for business and welcome anyone who comes. The location isn't exactly right in any of the popular districts but on the edge of the busy city next to the many quiet residences in the Eastern Living.