Chapter 40: Third Life - A Life for a Life

One by one, I knocked out the students surrounding me. I didn't want to kill them, but I had to get out of Crimson Snow Valley with at least half of my life.

Summoning the Meteor Sword, I blocked their blows and knocked them unconscious. By the time all of them lied on the ground, I was heavily breathing.

With my back turned, I felt a wind of power heading for me. Turning around, I saw Senior Yue's spear coming for my face. To avoid her, I leaned backwards and used my powers to pull under and slid pass her. She quickly circled back and attacked my feet. Each step I took to avoid her stab, then stepping down on the wooden staff, my sword rushed to her head. With immense strength, she forced me off the staff, and I flipped in the air, landing on my feet.

Jumping high into the air once again, I used the Meteor Sword to strike. Senior Yue used her staff to block my attack. This time I spared no strength with the charge. Using all of my powers, I forced the position of her staff toward her face. Her face contorted with frustration and struggle.

The spear broke with one half hitting her shoulder as my sword stayed attached. The other half had a hidden blade inside its interior, and Senior Yue saw the opportunity to stab me in the stomach.

Staring at her, I whispered, "You really don't understand. Senior Yue..."

Using the Sword Distance Technique, I raised my sword causing an upsurge of wind to hurl Senior Yue into a pole. Her body fell into the open hallway and her hidden sword thrown to the side. I placed my left hand over the stab wound on my stomach.

"What a waste to have my best student be such a traitor," Master stepped down from the entrance of the main hall.

She used the Lightening Steps and created double visions of herself as she got closer to me. Focusing on her fast speed, I was able to spot her real form. She used her right palm to attack with an aura of energy. Quickly, I placed my palm to hers, and was thrown into the distance. Lying on the ground, I heard my Meteor Sword's metal clank as it fell onto the stone ground.

Walking casually towards me, Master spoke, "Na Li... I treasured you so much. I can't believe you would do this. However, there's no going back. You know too much, and you're too smart for your own good. I knew this when I met you back then. You reminded me so much of myself. I wanted to mold you into the best female Martial Artist, of course, second to me. But now it looks like we'll be enemies..."

"Master, what caused you to be like this? How can you lead Crimson Snow Valley like this? How can you talk of dishonor when the most shameful one here is you!"

"Don't make me kill you, Na Li!" Master came towards me with her hand to my neck.

A strong force of wind fell from the sky with a familiar blinding  florescent light. Master retreated to the other side of the court yard as the figure approached me.

"Are you all right, Senior Luo?" It was Lu Kai. He really came after me!

"I told you to not follow me!" I yelled.

"But you're hurt! I knew something was going to happen."

"It doesn't concern you." I struggled to get up on my feet, falling back to the ground.

Xiao Kai reached for my arms, helping me stand. Dressed in a grey oversize cloak, his height dominated over my short stature. My head supported by the firm agency of his shoulders.

"Luo Na Li, not only did you lie about your duties, but you-- you frolicked with men? Instead of returning the Star Gem to me, you gave it to this man? You've defiled the Fidelity Oath!" Master's anger roared from where she stood. Before, she was just having fun watching me fight, but now... she wanted me dead.

"You've absorbed the powers of the Star Gem... How is that even possible?" She asked Xiao Kai.

"For all the years that Senior Luo has served in Crimson Snow Valley, you would think that as her Master, you would treat her better."

"You--"

Lu Kai added, "If you do not want Crimson Snow Valley destroyed by the powers of the Star Gem then you will let me leave with Senior Luo."

Master pondered at the thought of letting us leave. She was not one to be pleased with defeat. However, she didn't know who Lu Kai was, she didn't recognize him as the little student anymore. And she didn't want Crimson Snow Valley at risk.

"Fine, you can leave, but not with the Meteor Sword. And just know this, the entire Jianghu will be searching for your heads as long as you live."

Xiao Kai effortlessly lifted me into the air and we landed on the outskirts of Crimson Snow Valley. I was too weak to walk on my own, so he carried me back to the Wu cottage.

Walking through the bamboo forest, Xiao Kai softly asked, "How's your wound?"

Drifting in and out of consciousness, I responded meekly, "It's fine... Why is it that now I see more of your masculine features? Before, I could barely tell..."

"I've stopped using an effeminate spell that caused the illusion when I started to grow and couldn't hide it. But before I turned thirteen, you didn't even notice."

"How could I? You were always so pretty..."