Chapter 111: Fifth Life - One Fate, Only You

I'm enjoying my dinner inside the Hall of Blue Flames. It's the first time I've ever gone inside. The tall ceiling soars high over my head. The large windows in the back are merely decorative as no light passes through the candle ridden hall.

I see Yang Zi Huo's black throne of spikes sitting at the heightened level at the end of the hall, but don't care to pay much attention to it. The hall has sides with tables and chairs, so I was relishing my dinner there. The delicious plates of food entices me to dig in.

With a mouth full, I absentmindedly ask, "You still don't eat?"

Reaching for the boiled pork, I hear Yang Zi Huo laugh through his nose.

"Uh, I mean... Why aren't you eating?"

"I don't feel hungry. Here, why don't I feed you?" He tries to take the chopsticks from my left hand.

"I can feed myself!" I say that but am struggling to grab onto a piece of ginger.

"Yuxing, why don't you take my room for the time being?"

Almost spitting out what I had in my mouth, I yell, "What?!"

"Obviously not with me. Unless that's what you were expecting."

"No need! No need! I can sleep somewhere else. I can sleep at the medicine wing."

"It has too many stairs. It doesn't feel safe to have you going up and down them every time you leave and enter."

"Then I can sleep at the servants' quarters, I'm sure they won't mind."

"I do. You're not here as a servant, but my guest."

"Then I can sleep in the guards' station. There's plenty of room."

"I won't allow you to sleep near the men." His eyes flash instantaneous anger.

"Then if I sleep in your room, where will you sleep?"

"I don't sleep. I can stay in my study."

Isn't this exactly how he treated Ming Yan when she fell at the Bleak Night gates in horrible conditions? That night he didn't show up to watch the fireworks, and immediately had her treated in his room. Now he's making me become his second woman? Hahaha! He wish!

"I'll stay in the study!" I suddenly announce. He is taken aback by my loud tone. "You stay in your room and don't move an inch."

"All right. If that will please you."

He continues to watch me as I eat to my heart's fill.

After dinner, he walks me over to his living quarters. Strangely, it has not changed over the years. We reach the doors to his study, and I wait for him to ask me about the Meteor Sword.

"..."

"..."

"Why aren't you asking me about the Meteor Sword?"

"What about it?"

"Like how did it end up in my hand! And how did someone with poor cultivation skills like me know how to use it!"

His lips spreads into a coy smile. "Even if I ask, you won't admit to anything. Good night."

He leaves in silence and his footsteps lead him to the next door building.

"Tch. He sure is smart."

I open the doors to his study, and close it once in. I put down the bar to lock it. It makes me feel a bit safer. Bleak Night is safe, and with Yang Zi Huo here I feel at ease. For now he won't let me die easily. I hope.