Chapter 178: Fifth Life - Stay with Me

"Miss Yong He, please come join us for lunch. Kai Xiu has prepared your favorite dishes and desserts." It's Zi Xue's sixth time at my door.

Under the covers, I don't have the strength to respond nor bother to move an inch from where I'm lying.

I hear her footsteps slowly get farther away.

Remembering Yang Zi Huo's last words before waking, my heart is suddenly whipped with a thousand lashes.

I don't want to.

I tussle underneath the blanket, kicking and throwing a fit.

I can't believe he rejected me! How can he do this to me?! After everything!

"Yong He?"

Ack!

I sit up on the bed instantly after hearing his voice.

"Will you please eat something?"

"Hey, I'm not your cow you need to fatten up. Leave me alone."

"Can I come in?"

"I don't want to see your face right now."

He pauses for a moment then says, "Fair enough... I'll be gone for the rest of the day, so you're more than welcome to come out and enjoy not seeing my face."

Tch.

Yang Zi Huo disappears from the front of my door. I can hear him trotting down the stairs.

How are you gonna get mad at me for being mad at you? You're the one who rejected me... I'm so embarrassed.

"Whatever."

I am getting a bit hungry anyway.

I won't force myself to restrain from enjoying good food just because the chef has split my heart in two.

Entering the restaurant hall, I'm shocked to see a long table filled with many dishes. Stir fry, softly boiled meat, warm vegetable soup, and steamed rice. Even pink and green rice cakes are situated in decorative spirals among the many desserts.

"Woah..."

"Miss Yong He, you're up? Kai Xiu made all this for you." Zi Xue comes up to the table, pointing to the food.

"This... is a bit excessive."

"That's what I said."

"Heh... Yeah."

I sit down, looking around at the other patrons. Bowing my head low, I avoid their gaze as I start to eat.

I couldn't even finish the meal, and had to excuse myself before my stomach explodes. I didn't even have much of an appetite to start. My heart is troubled, awfully insecure. Yang Zi Huo's disinclination to start fresh is disappointing, but I won't force him...

After all, I've done the same. I rejected him countless times and straight up ran away from our wedding!

Enough! I don't want to think about this anymore.

Zi Xue comes out of the kitchen to clear away the food. Seeing that it's going to be a huge nuisance to put away the leftovers and wash all the dishes, I start helping her load the dishes into the wooden bin.

"Miss Yong He, I can take care of this."

"It's only right I help out. I'm staying here without paying. You've been nothing but helpful. I also don't see any other staff in this establishment, so I'll help you out during my stay. I'm quite good at this."