Chapter 150: KSG II

Xiao Xi and I are wandering the village's night market. They sell odd dishes that I've never seen before. Mostly small portions of ingredients grilled with grease or boiled with enticing broths. Although the village was small, many businesses operate in the market. There's taverns, teahouses, and many street food vendors.

I wouldn't be able to stomach the strange food. I questioned the cleanliness but also with a vegetarian palate, it's hard to find establishments that will cook vegetables dishes that are to my liking.

Xiao Xi and I visit a tea house for some time. I just wanted to watch people live their lives in this foreign place. Simple lives with joyful expressions on their faces. Soon night falls, and I decide to make the journey back to Invigorating Essence.

I spot Teacher Lu's young disciple heading the same way out of the marketplace. She must have come out to buy dinner.

Two men stand in between us and the discple. They start whispering loudly without attempting to hide their conversation. "Hey, what's her deal?"

"Her? That's Physician Lu's disciple. Blind since birth, she was raised by him."

"Is she just blind or also dumb?"

"Probably both. She's eighteen already, but no one's willing to marry her for fear that she'll give birth to unhealthy children. They don't wanna take the risk."

"Wow, so old already?"

How indecent. They're acting as if she can't hear their words at all.

She turns around suddenly causing both men to flinch. "Hey! I'm blind not deaf! Good for nothing, gossiping about others. You probably don't have a lot going for yourself!"

She turns to continue walking. No longer facing straight down the path, she walks into the wall of a house.

The men laugh at her before walking pass us to the market.

"Ow... my nose... more like ow my pride..." The young disciple kneels down, feeling the ground for the food she dropped.

I hear her faintly grumble as she brush dirt off the beef stick she had bought.

I walk up to her and ask, "Miss, are you all right?"

"Oh my God!"

"My apologies, I didn't mean to scare you."

She must have not sense that I was here...

"It's all right..." She stood without grabbing the food off the ground.

I pick up the bamboo stick she dropped. "Here, your stick."

"Oh, my bamboo stick, thank you." Her small hands brushes against my fingers.

She touched me... It's unorthodox for men and women to touch. All the women who have tried to receive treatment from me all had ulterior motives to be near me.

"Your food got ruined," I say.

"Uh, yeah."

"How about I take you back to the market to buy them again?"

Teacher Lu and I will be working together to revive Senior Sister. Perhaps I should get to know his only disciple.

"Oh, I don't have any money. Good day, sir." She takes a step away, but I hurry to block her.

"I'm sorry that was my shoulder..." I tell her when I saw that she accidentally hit my shoulder with her nose.

"Young Man, why did you block me?"