Chapter 87: Fourth Life - Fourth Farewell

I waited for Wei Long to make his attack. Instead he backed away, allowing his crew of Immortal Sect people to overtake the front.

An older man with a long beard came at me fast with his staff of golden spikes. I instinctively swerved to the right, using all my force to thrust myself into the air. Landing heavily onto the ground, I felt the weight of my body colliding into the joints of both my ankles.

Ow!

The bearded man hurriedly rushed over to hit me in the stomach. This time I wasn't quick enough and flew from his force not without spewing out a spurt of blood from my mouth.

Crying out, the man jumped high into the sky and aimed the sharp end of his staff at my chest.

I need to defend!

As he came nearer, I twisted my body around to attack his back. My timing was off, and my sword missed him by at least two inches. However, I could tell that this sword was not like any other sword. Without touching my targets, it would still use a force to guide the smooth slice of motion to draw blood. From his right shoulder down to the left side of his back, a deep carving emerged and soaked his azure cloak with dripping blood. He dropped to his knees, withholding the pain.

Looking to my right, an older woman had her palm of energy ready to attack. With one hand behind her back, I watched her throw a dagger at Old Man Wong. My plan to defend failed as I ran to hit the dagger from puncturing Old Man Wong's neck with the blade of my sword. The woman was able to hit me in the back with her inner powers causing me to fly onto the hard ground, sliding across until my body was scratched and burning from friction.

"Stop! Stop it!" A familiar voice screamed. I felt a fragile body on top of mine, blocking me from standing.

"Ming Yan?" I heard Wei Long asked as his quick steps ran out to confront Ming Yan.

"Wei Long, I beg you! Please don't hurt Rong Xin. She is not a demon. She-- She's a good person!"

"Ming Yan... You dare defend the disciple of Yang Zi Huo?"

"Please stop this. Stop all this killing. Enough already." Ming Yan's sobbing broke my heart into pieces. How could someone who claimed to love her, make her so miserable?

Sitting up, I coughed softly and looked at Ming Yan. She had red eyes and waterfalls running down her face.

"Rong Xin... " Ming Yan's face wrinkled with a pained heart. The sounds of sniffling emitted from her like a small animal whimpering.

Ordering the others, Wei Long said, "Take her away."

"No! Wei Long! Wei Long!" Ming Yan pleaded. Two of the Immortal Sect followers grabbed her by each of her arms, dragging her.

"Don't hurt her!" I finally got up on my feet and aimed my sword at Wei Long. It was so painful to use my voice as though my organs were struggling to stay in place.

"Kill them. Don't spare anyone." With those last words from Wei Long, a sword pierced through a male servant's stomach.

"Stop!" I cried.

One of Wei Long's follower stabbed Old Man Wong's chest deeply until the blade of his sword was seen bloodied on the other side.

"Stop... "

My mind went blank. Losing myself to the dark.

When I finally came to, two Immortal Sect leaders were lying on the ground with bloody wounds. Their followers huddled around them. One other was still standing, but also breathlessly stood far behind Wei Long with his Sect followers helping him stand.