Chapter 134: YZH II

She's not looking at me. In this same snowy wind, her back is turned even though I'm always calling out for her.

Her name...

It's...

"Luo Na Li!"

I awake feeling a mix of emotions. Frustration and dissatisfaction.

But I finally remember. Her name was Luo Na Li. Something tells me she was important to me. But how?

I've been remembering random things. Things that never happened. At least not to me in this life. It's possible I'm regaining my memories as Wu Jing claims. He's the only one who remembers me as Lu Kai. This person I am no longer.

It must have something to do with the servant girl I brought back. I haven't talked to her much since...

She's been angry with me.

All because I will not teach her cultivation. Her form is too weak, if I waste any time training her, I will not be allocating my time as Sect Leader wisely.

Behind my back that's what she did. Although my servant, she's reporting to another Master. I saw her dancing with Wu Jing at the pavilion the other night. So she's asked him to teach her instead? Well, fine. Not like I care.

It hasn't been pleasant to have her around. It's as if she doesn't care to admire me anymore. Is it because she yearns for attention from Wu Jing now?

Wu Jing and I are having a conversation in my study about the missing Night Raven troops.

I ask him about that girl. "Have you overcome your suspicion of that girl I brought back?"

"She's... not one to worry about."

"You've gotten close to her?"

"Well, I wouldn't say close but I like her."

"Like her?"

What could he possibly like about her? She looks like any normal village girl. Wu Jing always go after the most beautiful women from what I've seen. He couldn't possibly like her.

"Why? Does that bother you?" He smirks and raises an eyebrow. That's the kind of face I want to punch. Mocking me as though he knows it does bother me.

"Of course not. She's all yours."

"Don't say something you'll regret."

I don't answer him and review the calculations for this month's salary distribution to the followers.

"I'm telling you she's the reincarnation of Luo Na Li. You can't remember but Rong Xin looks exactly like Luo Na Li. It's uncanny."

Even if she does, I don't feel any strong feelings either way for her.

"Yang Zi Huo, I feel as though it's my duty to help you even if you want nothing to do with Luo Na Li anymore. I'm sure once you remember, you'd wish you remembered sooner."

I let out a laugh through my nose, ignoring Wu Jing.

"If you just want to forget about it all then I guess I'll just have to take Rong Xin away from here."

"Why would you do that? Firstly, she's still my maid."

"But you don't care for her?"

"I don't... However, she is not done with her duties here. You may take her when she's done paying her gratitude to me."

"Tch. Stingy."

"Although I don't remember her face well, there is something about that little maid that is conjuring my memories of the past."