Chapter 82: Fourth Life - A Moment with the Captain

Sitting in the hot spring bath inside Shui Jing Mountain, I kept replaying the last moments I spent with Lu Kai in my mind. He and I almost--

No, no! Don't think about that!

Submerging my head into the warm water, I tried distract myself from the lingering thoughts.

Stepping out, I put on the pink dress that Qin Yu gave me. I didn't have any spare clothing, so it came in handy. Luckily, the dress didn't get dirty from the time I was wearing it. For the first time, I'd actually had something of value in my possession, so I had to be extra careful.

When I returned, Master stood next to his desk as if he was waiting for me.

"Rong Xin, come here." His voice was as emotionless as always. I could never tell if he was going to scold me or not.

"Yes, Master." I walked over to him.

Opening a long velvet case, Master presented to me a hairpin with dangling pink beads. I stared at it, admiring the luxurious ornament.

"Wow, Master. It's beautiful," I said with awe.

"I was thinking that your hair looked too plain without an accessory."

Huh?

Picking up the pin, Master held it in his hands. "Turn around. I'll pin it into your hair."

"Ah?" Confused, I did as Master ordered. Turning around, I felt him place the pin delicately into the curls of my bun. My hair was still a bit wet from my bath.

He's giving this to me?

"H-- How does it look?" I asked turning back to face him.

"Pretty. Very pretty."

The half smile on Master's face... reminded me of Lu Kai, that affection starved demon. Master was really good to me. He and Lu Kai were the same person, both treating me well. Without thinking, I stood on my toes and placed a small peck onto Master's cheek. My face burned hot, blushing with a pastel red. Staring at Master's surprised appearance, he was also as shocked as I was.

I can't believe I did that!

"S-- Sorry, Master! I thought you were someone else."

Clearing his throat he said, "No worries... Just one small mistake, it's fine. We're heading back to Bleak Night today. You ready?"

Aw... he forgave me so easily.

"We're already leaving?"

"As Sect Leader, I have errands to take care of, so we must leave earlier than expected."

"Of course..."

I didn't want to leave our little home yet. It was nice to spend some time together, just the two of us. When we head back, was Master going to treat me the same way as before?

Master simply teleported us back to Bleak Night, inside his study. Carrying all my things back to my room, I felt disheartened that things would return to normal.

"You're finally back," Gu Yi said at the door.

"Yeah..."

"Where did Sect Leader take you?"

"Shui Jing Mountain, I think?"

"Shui Jing Mountain?! How could he take you there?"

"He said he needed to think about some things, and so he took me there. Why? What's so special about that place?"

"Shui Jing Mountain is Sect Leader's secret haven and no one is allowed to walk even a step onto the grounds. But I can see some things have changed..."