Chapter 46: Third Life - Falling Too Late II

I'm going to kill him.

He doesn't want to marry me, but spends all his free time at a brothel? That little!

I've already accepted Xiao Feng to be his wife, and he goes and fool around with prostitutes?!

I'm going to kill him.

Stepping into Gan Xin Pavilion, I saw women flirtatiously conversing with drunk men as the live music played on stage. Dancers waved their graceful long sleeves in the air. I didn't see Lu Kai among them.

"You wanna have fun with me, Miss?" A drunk man pulled me into his arms. Disgusted by his smell, I knocked his vital point. He fell to the floor, losing the control over his body. I could hear his whimpering as I went up the carpeted stairs.

Aggressively opening the doors to each room, I didn't find Xiao Kai. Approaching the last room on the floor, an older woman dressed in a brightly saturated gown stopped me. The mole on her face stood out from all the makeup.

"Miss, where are you in a hurry to?"

"Move aside."

"I'm sorry, but our best patron is in there right now with our Kong Que. You'll have to wait your turn."

"I said move."

"Now, now. I can find you someone for the time being. How do you like them?"

Pushing pass her, I kicked the doors open.

"Lu Kai, you better come here right now before I kill you," I warned.

It was... despicable. I wanted to take my own eyes out.

A half naked Lu Kai was sitting in top of a table with an older woman clinging to him. They stared at me, confused and perhaps felt disturbed.

Taking a deep breath, I said, "Get off him."

Lu Kai pushed the woman away, struggling to pull together his robes, "What are you doing here, Na Li Jie?"

"What am I doing here? What the hell are you doing here?"

The wrinkly woman screamed at me, "You wench! Can't you see that I'm spending quality time right now with Kong Que?! You! You! You idiot! Get out!"

Walking over, I forced her hands off of Lu Kai and threw her to the side as she cried. Intertwining my finger with Lu Kai's, I pulled him out of the room. The older woman with the mole from before, yelled at me to let go of their precious Kong Que. A group of people surrounded us, but held back, unsure of how to handle the situation.

After striking a force to the stage, causing the strings on all the instruments to pull apart, I said, "Fuck off."

Scared for their lives, they didn't chase after us.

Walking fast down a path back to the house, I tried to control my breathing. The tightness in my chest and seething anger was obvious under the surface of my calm demeanor.

"Na Li Jie... Na Li Jie, wait a minute!" Lu Kai pulled his hand away from mine. We halted our walk by a rice paddy. The night sky was visible all the way to the horizon.

Turning to him, I said, "Is this what you have been doing? Out selling yourself to old, rich women? Lu Kai! I never taught you to be like this. You've disappointed me."

"I'm sorry. I only did it for the money, and I promise! I never did anything with those women, I swear. I only talked to them, complimented them a little. I never did anything more than that."

"I've always told you that you could do whatever you want as long as you don't hurt people, and as long as you don't lie to me."

"I..."

"How long has this been going on?"

"Just two..."

"Two months?"

He admitted, "Two years."

"Two? Two years? You've been 'Kong Que' for two years?!"

"I needed the money."

"For what?! What could you possibly need that much money for? If you wanted money, you could have asked me. Wu Jing knew about this, right? You both kept this from me. Good. Now I have reason to beat his ass without Wu Dufeng on my conscious."

"I wanted to have money to support us, okay? I wanted the money to move us to a better place. So you wouldn't have to live in a shack. I didn't want you to struggle with hunger or thirst. I just wanted you to be comfortable."

"Seriously? So you're saying this is all my fault?"

"No, it-- No, listen to me--"

"Well, you don't have to worry about me anymore. I'm leaving once you marry Xiao Feng."

"What? I do not want to marry Xiao Feng."

"Stop your promiscuity and marry Xiao Feng. That's an order."

"No! I won't marry her. I won't marry anyone until you get married first!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah!"

"Fine, then I'll marry the first guy that Aunt Meng finds! And then I'll leave this place. I'll get as far as I can away from you, stupid Lu Kai!"

"Huh? We-- Well, fine then!"