Chapter 137: YZH V

That dream was unexpected.

Lu Kai is a part of me. What I experience, he does as well. Does this mean I'm becoming more receptive to his sense of awareness? It could mean that he and I are combining our conciousness once again.

Rong Xin returns from her bath. Her hair is dripping wet, but she's managed to tie the upper half into her usual hair bun.

"Rong Xin, come here," I order.

"Yes, Master."

Opening a long velvet case, I present to her the hairpin I purchased for her.

"Wow, Master. It's beautiful," she says with eyes absorbed by the pink ornament.

"I was thinking that your hair looked too plain without an accessory."

I pick up the pin, and held it in my hands. "Turn around. I'll pin it in your hair."

"Ah?" She's confused but turns around as I've asked.

"H-- How does it look?" She asks as she turns back to face me.

Without thinking I blurt out, "Pretty. Very pretty."

Suddenly my cheek is met with her lips.

"S-- Sorry, Master! I thought you were someone else."

Someone else? Does she mean Lu Kai?

I clear my throat, "No worries... Just one small mistake, it's fine. We're heading back to Bleak Night today. You ready?"

I'll forgive her this time. It's not like her kiss was intolerable.

"We're already leaving?" She asks a bit saddened.

"As Sect Leader, I have errands to take care of, so we must leave earlier than expected."

"Of course..."

When we returned, I immediately asked for Gu Yi.

"Rong Xin is no longer a maid for Bleak Night," I tell him.

"Yes... Sect Leader."

"You watch her and see what she needs."

"I will.... May I ask where you took Miss Rong Xin, Sect Leader?"

"You don't need to know. Go."

"Yes, Sect Leader."

Wicked Mist has proven to be callous in these past few weeks. I've been working with the Night Ravens to track down their many locations. However, I'm displeased with every case not leading to their leader.

While out near the desolate valley of Crimson Snow, I suddenly remember something. A sharp pierce penetrates the side of my brain with memories of a glistening sword.

"The Meteor Sword?"

"What is it, Zi Huo?" Wu Jing is concerned. He stops walking ahead and watches me closely.

"Wu Jing, the Meteor Sword that Luo Na Li owned, could it still at Crimson Snow Valley Sect?"

He ponders at my question. "It might be. Scavengers stray away from looting there because of the rumors that it's haunted by the vengeful ghost of Zhao Bao Bai."

"I must go look for it." I leave him and enter the path leading to the snowy valley.

I wonder why after all these years I have not kept this sword in my possession. This Lu Kai version of me worshipped Luo Na Li, so why didn't he keep her sword from all those years ago? Not only that but the Meteor Sword is a powerful weapon with mythological origins. Should it fall into the wrong hands...