Kyun

Uska snasaar ruk gya
Jab usne woh dekha
Jo usne sapne mein bhi nhi socha tha
Bharosa toota
Aur
Pyaar choota.

Bondita was standing there with no expression in her eyes. No tears were coming out of her eyes. She was standing there seeing her husband marrying someone else. She tried to stop the Marraige but all in vain. Her husband ,removed her hand when she tried to stop the gatbandhan which his husband was tying saying- Aaj tum bhi nujhe nhi rok sakti.

She saw they were taking pheras. She couldn't handle the scene anymore and fainted.

First two person who saw her were Kaka and Naina.
They screamed her name dragging the attention of all the people in the venue.

Naina rushed to her and put her head in her lap with tears.

Naina bondita. Bondita aankhein kholna.

Kaka- bahu ,kya hua tumhe? Kholo na aakhein.

Binoy- lagta hai behosh jo gyi hai. Hume inhe ghar leke jaana chahiye.

Anirudh when saw her fainting, stopped in his tracks. He couldn't take a step forward to complete the pheras. He uttered- bonditaa.
He was about to go towards her but stopped when he remembered why was he doing all this.

He closed his eyes in frustration and asked pandit to continue with the mantras.
The family looked at him in disbelief. Som picked up bondita in his arms and left towards haveli with the family behind him.

Som entered the haveli while Naina rushed to Bondita's room and opened the door.

Som made bondita lie down on bed and called the doctor.
Naina and koyli asked the family to stay outside as they would be changing the clothes of bondita. Naina asked koyoi to get the food and water.

Just after they changed Bondita's clothes, doctor(female) arrived and started to check her. The whole family stayed outside.

Doctor came outside after checking her.

Naina- kya hua? Kya hua bondita ko?woh theek hai na ?

Doctor, sighing- dekhiye unko shayad ko Gehra sadma laga hai. Kisi apne ke wajah se. Unko meine abhi dawa de di hai,aur shayad apne pati ko yaad kar rhi thi.'pati babu' karke bula rhi thi woh kisi ko.

Hearing her everyone's face turned red due to anger and sad .

Doctor- agar aap , unke pati ko bula lengi,toh shayad unki tabyat mein koi sudhaar aa Jaye.
Meine dawai ke baare mein iss kagaz mei likh diya hai,toh aap le aaiyega aur samye pe de dijiyega.Aur Haan agar zaroorat pade toh ,wapas bula lena mujhe.

Naina went with the doctor to leave her outside the house.

After 10 minutes.
Inside Bondita's room.

Naina was resting beside Bondita.Her one hand was entangled with bonditas and other was patting the head of unconscious Bondita.

Bondita stirred in her sleep and suddenly shouted: nahi.

Naina who was beside her, held her and said - kya hua bondita?

Bondita: meine sapne mein dekha ki Pati Babu ne doosri shaadi kar li hai. Itna bura sapna kaise aa aakta hai mujhe?

Naina kept mum and tears rolled down her eyes.

Naina - bondita.

Bondita- Haan.. ek sec hum yahan kya kar rhe hai. Hume toh Manorama ki shaadi mei hona chahiye tha na.

Naina- meri baat sun bondita..
Naina's words came to halt when both of them heard Kaka's scream.

"Himmat kaise hui tumhari yeh sab karne ki? Tum toh bade Adarshvaadi bante the na. Phir ek patni ke hote huye ,kisi aur se vivaah kaise kar sajte ho tum Anirudh."

Bondita - Matlab meine jo sapne mein dekha wih sach hai?

She threw the blanket which was covering her ,and marched towards the hall with a helpless Naina .

Downstairs,threshold of the house.

Kaka- ab jawab dena chahoge yaa mon vrat dharan kiya hai.

Anirudh was about to say when all the people present there heard the jingling sound of payal. Anirudh closed his eyes helplessly and sighed while others turned aways their heads.

Bondita came towards them ,devoid of any emotion on her face. She came, stood infront of Anirudh and Manorama. She saw Manorama's hairline filled with Sindoor and she was wearing shakhapola. She touched the shakhapola and her maang.
She looked towards Anirudh who was already looking at her.
She heard the villagers passing comments that the first wife should welcome the second wife.

Bondita,without blinking her eyes and any emotions- koyli didi. Jaiyiye aur jaa ke Mandir se Aarti ki thaal leke aayiye.
Nav-vadhu aayi hai,Swagat toh karna hoga na.

Trilochan- par bahu,yeh tum kya keh rahi ho.

Bondita- jayiye na koyli didi.

Koyli- par choti malkin..

Bondita- jaiyiye didi.

Koyli looked towards Trilochan and Binoy who with tears asked her to do as Bondita says.
Koyli helplessly went to mandir and brought the thaal. On her way back her saree pallu,mistakenly touched the flower vase and it fell.The sound echoed in whole haveli but no one cared about it.

Koyli- yeh lijiye choti malkin.

Bondita took the thaal and did Aarti of the married couple. In the whole process of Aarti bondita didn't blink her eyes.

Bondita- ab grehpravesh ki baari.

Anirudh thinking- kyun kar rahi ho aise bondita.Mat karo. Please.

Bondita prepared the Kalash with her own hands and kept on the door.

Bondita- ab isko apne dayein paer se dhakelo aur is kumkum paani mein paer rakh ke ghar mein aao.

All the family members left the place as they were not able to see the scene.
The villagers also left the place. Only Bondita, Anirudh and Manorama were present there. Koyli and Bihari were also present as Kaka instructed them to stay there.

Bondita- jaldi karo Manorama.

Manorama helplessly looked at Anirudh asking him to stop all this but Anirudh turned away his face to hide his tears.
Not getting any response she unwilling did as said by Bondita.

Bondita- khub bhalo. Ab andar aao.

Manorama entered the house.

Bondita- Ab, kal tumahri baashi biye ki rasam hai,jaldi so jana. Koyli didi inka kamra dikha dijiye aur bihari kaka yeh thaal le jayiye mandir mei rakh dijiye.
Saying this she gave the thaal to bihari and left towards her room. She didn't see the broken glass on the ground and stepped on it. Blood was oozing out of her little feet but neither winced in pain nor she cried. She went ahead. Manorama who noticed her feet and blood shouted Bondita.

Hearing Manorama's scream everyone came and looked towards her direction. They were shocked to see the scenario. Anirudh was shocked to see and was about to go to bondita but stopped himself from doing so. While bondita was walking her pallu fell from her head and her hair was flowing.

Bondita went towards her room ,closed the door behind her, switched off all the lights and sat on the bed emotionless looking at the ceiling. The photo frame which was hung on the wall ,in which they were in barrister robes fell down. The glass frame broke into several pieces. The sound reached till downstairs. Everyone rushed to her room and said her to open the door but Bondita didn't give any heed to them and went towards the photograph.

Outside Bondita's room.

Batuk- Hume boudi ko akela chod dena chahiye. Unko in sab se gehra sadma laga hai,akeli rahengi toh shayad theek mehsoos karein.

All left towards their room with crying and sad face.

Inside Bondita's room.

Bondita without any emotion was staring at the picture.

Only one question arises in her mind - kyun?
.
.
.
.
.
"Kya hua tera vaada
Woh kasam woh irrada
Bhulega dil jis din tumhe
Woh din zindagi ka akhri din hoga
Kya hua tera vaada
Woh kasam woh irrada"