Dard (1)

Unedited.

In the hospital.

John and Betty were waiting for the doctor while Olivia and Elsa were taken  inside the medical room as they got minor injuries.

Soon the Roy Chowdhary family came and bombarded the nurse with questions.
As the nurse ,replied Anirudh ran towards the ward room and stood there.

Binoy came behind him to calm him down but as he saw John there his eyes widened.

Binoy - Mr. John Greenwood.

John - yeah. Do I know you?

Binoy - I am afraid you don't. Well my daughter is inside... I mean... is she fine? Binoy asked with tearful eyes.

John keeping a hand on Binoys shoulders - Doctor's are treating her. She will be fine. Have faith on Jesus.

Doctor came out and said- Aap log ko shukar manana chahiye ki unhe goli choo kar lagi hai. Anyway she is fine. Needs complete rest for 1 week. Also she is unconscious right now.

Everyone sighed in relief. Kaka who didn't understand doctors words, asked  batuk about it to which he explained.

Anirudh- kya mein mil sakta hoon?

Doctor - aap kon?

Anirudh- I am her husband.

Doctor- Sure,you can.

Anirudh- thank you so much.
He rushed inside without any delay but as soon as he entered his heart clenched and tears fell down which he was holding till now. He took baby steps towards her.
Bonditas arm was fully bandaged and her forehead was covered with bandage. Probably while saving the girls she had hurt herself at the head too.
Her face was pale.

He went near her and sat on the stool.
He held her hand very delicately and silently looked at her.
A drop of tears fell on her hand and she stirred in her sleep,gaining consciousness.

Som entered and saw Anirudh.

Som : Mr.Roy Chowdhary, ek baat puchun?

Anirudh meekly nodded, eyes not leaving Bondita's face.

Som : Chot toh Bondita ko lagi hai, aansun aapke kyun nikal rhe hain?

Anirudh, with tearful eyes and subtle smile - Bondita ko chot lagegi, toh mujhe dard nhi hoga kya?

Som expected this answer.He was happy but didn't show it on his face. He gave a nod and left the room with content smile.

As she opened her eyes, the first person she saw was Anirudh.
She saw his tearful eyes.
A thought crossed her mind - Does he really care for me? Tear rolled down but Anirudh gently wiped it ,nodding in no.
They had an emotional eyelock for 5 mins which was disturbed by Kaka and other family members.

The family members asked several questions to Bondita to which she calmly replied but Anirudh didn't leave her hand for once.

Near a Godown

Madhav ,calmly : kya tumne unn bachiyon par goli chalayi thi?

His saathi kept mum.

Manorama,shouting - chalayi thi ya nahi?

His saathi - Haan par Pata nhi woh ladki beech mein kahan se aa gyi? Agar nhi aati na toh unn bachiyon ko maar...

Manorama slapping Her saathi- kaha tha na ki hum Maasumon ki jaan nhi lenge. Kyun kiya phir?

Saathi,shouting- Kyunki woh Angrezz hain. Aur mujhe koi pachtawa nhi hai meine jo kiya.