Das Baadi[character sketch + Arrival]

A renowned family in whole Kolkata.
There was not even someone who did not know them.

Niranjan Das : Late husband of Kalindi Das. A well known Businessman as well as Zamindaar. He was a very kind hearted soul. Loved his family and his village people dearly. He used to help everyone,didn't see who was poor or rich. For him everyone one equal. But due his one impulsive decision, i.e. sending Sumati and Bondita out of the house. His son Arvind Das, a well known barrister, was a krantikaari too. Niranjan Das thought that it was due to Bondita he lost his Arvind or else his son would have been alive. But soon realised his mistake and started repenting it. On his death bed , his last wish was " Amaar PutraBadhu aar naatini ke aabar aeyi ghor te niye aasho" and then he took his last breath.

Kalindi Das : A sweet yet strong woman.
She is very stubborn. Loves her family especially her grandchildren like anything. She can bear anything but not a word against her family. She never likes to be defeated whether it's from  her family or any outsider. She lost both her son and husband. Her husband accused Sumati for the reason of his sons death which was totally false. His one impulsive decision broke the family.
Sisters and brothers were separated, a grand daughter was separated from her grandparents. She tried to stop Niranjan but he was adamant and sent them away. After her son died and daughter in law left the house , kalindi's heart became as strong as stone. She never used to smile and mingle with anyone except her grandchildren. She tried several ways to find Sumati and Bondita but couldn't get any Trace. When her husband was on the death bed , he asked for his last wish and kalindi was determined to fulfill it.
2 years before Bondita's arrival her husband left this cruel world. In these 2 years she again started her search for grand daughter and Daughter in law but couldn't find them. One of her khabri once came and said that two of them are no more. But Kalindi didn't believe and still searched for them until and unless Dev came to light.

Arvind Das : Elder son of Niranjan and Kalindi. He was a very warm and kind hearted person. A well known barrister and krantikaari. He loved his wife and daughter immensely. He never treated Bondita as a girl but equal with every other children. He used call bondita as "Mera beta,Mera guroor hai". But was killed in some riots when he had went to the fair with the family. Tge British Government had announced sudden firing due to which soon riots came into action. 6 year old ,Bondita was stuck between the humans who weren't showing any mercy to the innocent people and killing them ruthlessly. Saving her from the riots,Arvind sacrificed his own life.

Mukesh Das :Second Son of Niranjan and Kalindi, younger Brother of Arvind Das. He was more close to Arvind and his boudi because his mother and father were so busy doing their daily works i.e.
Zamindaari and Business. He has two sons and one daughter Dev,Raghav and Prerna. Loves his wife and children very much but he misses Bondita immensely. He never thought that he had only three children,he considered Bondita as his own. When he got the news of Bondita's and Sumati's Arrival, His happiness knew no bounds.

Lata Mukesh Das: A pretty sweet and caring woman. Second daughter in law of the house and wife of Ramesh Das. Mother of three children,for whom she could do anything. She thought Sumati as her elder sister and Bondita as her own daughter. The day they left the house Lata was totally broken because she had Lost her first daughter that is Bondita and her sister Sumati.