Year 7 - Captive

This is the moment that I witness Draco's character break. He hopelessly clutches me against his chest, his eyes full with uncertainty.

"Pull yourself together, you look pathetic," snarls Lucius Malfoy. "Hurry up, and let's take her back."

"How did you even know she was here?" he asks.

"Your mother saw you go into the woods, which you never do, and a couple Death Eaters were talking about hearing someone possibly Disapparate onto our grounds but saw no one. It was easy for me to conclude what was happening, and I was right," he explains looking as though the very explanation is boring him to death.

"Please," Draco begs. "What if we obliviate her memory instead and let her go."

"Nonsense," Lucius responds frustrated. "This will teach you a valuable lesson that Mudbloods cannot be held to our standards of living. There is just no place for them among us and it appalls me to see you protect such a disgrace of a bloodline."

Draco protectively holds me closer.

"Draco I am running out of patience," he says with the deepest of loathsome. "Either you do this willingly or I use the Imperius curse on you, whichever you prefer. Either way I will make you come to your senses."

"I'm sorry Nyx, I failed you," he says under his breath. Lifting me up in his arms as he stands, he addresses his father, "let's go."

Lucius waves his wand and I float up into the air above them. "There will be no need for you to carry her and dirty yourself further."

Draco scowls at his father but says nothing as they walk back silently to the manor, my frozen body floating effortlessly in front of them. Draco's eyes never leaving mine, which are filled with anguish.

Reaching the end of the forest they walk passed the gravel driveway which has a large hedge curving alongside it. We enter through the main doors of the lavish manor, revealing a hallway which is large, dimly lit, and sumptuously decorated with a magnificent carpet covering most of the stone floor. The eyes of the pale-faced portraits on the walls follow us as we stride passed into the drawing room, filled with Death Eaters.

It is a widely proportioned room, the ceiling reaching to about thirty feet high, with two chandeliers, and a pipe organ at the end of the room. A long ornate table stands at one end of the room, the usual furniture carelessly pushed up against the wall. There is an ornate marble mantelpiece with a gilded mirror which has an intricately scrolled frame on top. The walls dark purple and hung with many more portraits.

"What is this?" the shriek voice of Bellatrix Lestrange echoes through the room.

"Draco found this one in the forest," Lucius Malfoy addresses the Death Eaters, lowering me onto the floor with a thud. I can see Draco recoil slightly.

"So close to us, she certainly must be stupid," says a Death Eater behind me.

"I'm so proud of you," says Bellatrix, pulling Draco in for a hug. "How did you find her."

Draco, still staring hopelessly at me, answers, "I just found her."

The Death Eaters look at each other in confusion, as Draco isn't sharing their enthusiasm of catching a Muggleborn. Lucius noticing this, steps in and answers for Draco, "she tried to lure him into the forest with the Imperius Curse, tried to influence him to turn against us."

"She certainly was stupid thinking that a Mudblood could outsmart a Pureblood," says another Death Eater.

"Oh yes," agrees Bellatrix, skipping over to me and lowering herself to my level, "we're no match for these thieves of magic."