Year 5 - In the Hog's Head

The end of September approaches at a steady pace. My weeks detention is over with Umbridge, leaving a small scar on my hand but nothing definitive. I've been trying to go to all the twins' Quidditch practices where Ron manages to have four Quidditch practices and not be shouted at during the last two; afterwards the twins and I spend the rest of the afternoons in the stands joking about.

"I think Angelina might be just as bad as Wood," says Fred one afternoon after practice, as him and George sit down next to me once changing after practice.

"And Ron isn't making it any easier on us," sighs George.

"Well, at least our match against you guys will be a lot easier," I chuckle.

"Oh yes, look for the positive in that instead of supporting your two best friends." Fred bumps me playfully.

"Well I have to support my House," I defend.

"And if one of us had to be your boyfriend, who would you support then?" Fred asks with a sly grin.

I laugh. "I see what you doing. I'd still support my house though, along with my boyfriend. Just not my boyfriend's house."

"Well that's not fair, you should support his house too," says George.

"Speaking of," says Fred, the sly grin still on his face. I can already imagine where he is going with this. "Who would you pick between the two of us?"

George looks at me with intrigue.

"You know I can't pick between the two of you." I smile.

"The only accepted answers is George or Fred," George adds in.

"George is right. You got to pick one of us," Fred chimes in.

"Why do I have to pick?" I ask.

"So, we know who has a better chance," Fred answers.

"Well neither of you have a better chance than the other. You both are identical in every aspect," I answer, getting slightly annoyed that neither one of them will let up on this.

"Okay and if one of us had to die, who would it be? Would that make it easier?" Fred implores.

"No, it won't. Now both of you stop it or I'm leaving," I snap at them.

Fred slightly taken aback quickly recovers. George pulls me into a hug. "Okay, you're right. We're sorry."

"So, how's it going with your fifth-year studies?" asks George, thankfully changing the subject.

"As dreadful as you made it out to be," I groan letting out a heavy sigh and placing my head against George's shoulder.

If anything, it's worse than what the twins explained it to be, we barely have time in our schedules to even think.

And the weeks carry on with the teacher's having no sympathy for us poor overworked students, that push even more essays and homework assignments onto us as September draws to a close.

One blustery evening at the end of September, I peruse through the library for some books on Herbology.

Rounding the corner, I hear the familiar voices of my sister, Ron and Harry. Not feeling like talking to them I turn on my heel to go back when Hermione's voice calls out to me.

Moaning softly, I turn around walking to their table.

"Well, I think you might be surprised how many people would be interested in hearing what you've got to say," Hermione says seriously to Harry.