Year 2 - Mudbloods and Murmurs

After a disastrous week of classes in the Defence Against the Dark Arts, weekend finally arrives.

I make my way down to breakfast when Draco catches up with me halfway.

"Granger, I'm glad I caught you." He grabs hold of my arm.

I look at Draco, my eyes wandering over his body. "You've got on Quidditch clothes..." I look up at him as I question, "when did the trials take place?"

"There weren't any. Dad bought the whole team new brooms for me making Seeker," he says as he stands triumphantly next to me.

"Why am I not even surprised," I shrug as I continue to walk on. Draco following on next to me.

"We going out now to get ready to practice. Will you still meet me afterwards?"

I sigh, "yes, if I really must."

"Great," Draco says beaming, "see you then." And off he runs towards the Quidditch field.

Once in the Great Hall I sit down to grab a bowl of cereal. Not many students are up for breakfast, even Tracey is still sleeping. I finish up my cereal deciding to head to the library; I had asked Professor Snape during the week for special permission for the Restricted Section - He was far too happy to hear that the Defence Against the Dark Arts classes were barely classes at all, that he signed my permission slip with a gleeful swish of his quill.

As I get to the Grand Staircase, I notice Hermione and Ron slip out of the Hall with some breakfast. Changing my mind on the library I run down to meet up with them instead.

I speak to them as I catch up, "never took you for one to steal food out of the Great Hall... Well maybe you Ron, but not Hermione." 

Hermione almost dropping the plate of food. "Nyx! You scared me. We not stealing, these are for Harry. Oliver Wood has got the Gryffindor team out at the Quidditch field since the crack of dawn. So, we thought we'd bring him some food."

"But aren't the Slytherin's practicing there?" I ask.

"Not as far as I know. And by the way, I wouldn't usually steal food out of the hall!" defends Ron.

Ignoring his statement, I think out loud to myself, "that can only mean trouble..." I look at Ron and Hermione enquiring, "mind if I join? I would love to come support George and Fred."

"What trouble? Actually, never mind that, I really wish you would leave my brothers alone."

Hermione begins walking on, leaving Ron and I behind. I answer Ron as we run to catch up to her, "they can decide for themselves you know."

"Why don't you go after Malfoy instead. He seems more your type, my brothers don't deserve to be tainted by a Slytherin."

I grab onto Ron's arm stopping him momentarily while Hermione continues walking, clearly not wanting to get involved. "You might want to watch what you say around a Slytherin." I take a threatening step towards him as I say menacingly, "get this in your head... Your brother's may be Gryffindor's, but we are best friends, and I will do anything for the people I care about. I am certainly not tainting them!"

I march off catching up to Hermione as Ron lags behind.

We sit down on the stands, mist hanging over the grass in the stadium. Not one Gryffindor Quidditch player in sight.

Once settled in we see the players come trudging out in a daze.

"Aren't you finished yet?" calls Ron incredulously.