Year 4 - The Goblet of Fire

"I knew they would bring Krum," Draco says proudly.

"Would you like a Noddy badge?" I ask jokingly as I smirk at Draco, which in turn swats me on the arm.

"Let me have this moment please," Draco chuckles as we recross the entrance hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students, heading for the Great Hall.

I can see Lee Jordan, the twins' friend, jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head. Several sixth-year girls are frantically searching their pockets as they walk.

The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students and teachers all step aside to the one side of the entrance hall as they allow us to enter the Great Hall.

We walk over to the Slytherin table and sit down. The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students waiting to be signalled in by Dumbledore.

Dumbledore begins to speak, the Great Hall falling into silence, "now that we're all settled in. As you all know Hogwarts has been chosen to host the legendary event of the Triwizard tournament and we will be competing against two other schools...

"So, without further ado, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime."

On this cue the ladies all come marching in with their headmistress following behind. As they get to the middle of the Great Hall, they curtsy to the right side and sigh with a high pitch as they smile. They continue to march on a few steps forward and now curtsy to the left side with the same smile and sigh.

Straight afterwards they begin to trot to the front of the Hall as little blue magical butterflies fly out from around them. They trot into formation as the last lady joins them in the front with another much younger looking girl that does a series of gymnastic flips.

They bow as the Hall erupts into applause, mainly from all the boys.

"Well that was a bit excessive," I snort as Tracey rolls her eyes.

I look over to see Draco looking at them with stars in his eyes and when I gaze over to the twins, they too have the same expression.

I nudge Draco with my elbow. "Would you like to join them up there?"

He shakes his head slightly as if coming out of a daze. "What, no, of course not."

The students from Beauxbatons taking their seats at the Ravenclaw table and looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions.

Dumbledore speaks again, "and now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master Igor Karkaroff."

Our heads all turn back to the doorway as the students from Durmstrang come marching in while banging their canes on the floor as they walk, with each bang a series of sparks ignite on the bottom of their canes.

They too stop halfway into the hall to do a series of twirls with their canes whilst still banging them on the floor. A few of the students begin to run to the front of the hall also doing a set of gymnastic flips as the rest continue walking on. Krum and Karkaroff following in from the back.

As Krum and Karkaroff reach the front; two of the Durmstrang students go onto their one knee and blow on the end of their wands, bringing about a beautiful formation of two birds using fiendfyre.

"Now there's a man," Tracey and I chime.

"Uhm excuse me," says Draco from beside me, sounding very offended but also agreeing with us knowing that Viktor Krum is quite the man everyone chalks him up to be.

Viktor Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students settle themselves at our table. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle can't help but look very smug about it.

Draco bends forward and extends a hand towards Krum. "Draco Malfoy, it's nice to finally meet you."