Year 3 - Hermione's Secret

My mind has gone blank with shock. Lying frozen on the ground, Tenebrus still lying next to me.

The light is fading fast now, darkness settling like a spell around me.

The darkness consuming me for some time before I lazily begin to stand, giving Tenebrus a rub. "Thank you, Tenebrus, for comforting me."

I change back into my Animagus state taking a slow round-about route back towards the castle, my mind running adrift.

Nearing the Whomping Willow, I hear a commotion ahead. Growling, jaws snapping and dogs whining to be exact.

Setting off toward the tree in a gallop, as what I can only assume is a brawl between two dogs continues.

Just a few short miles away from the Whomping Willow I spot Hermione and Ron, stopping me in my tracks; what on earth are they doing all the way out here? Harry taking off at a run down the mountainside.

I transform into my human state and sprint towards them.

"Hermione! What's going on?" I ask, stunned.

They both turn towards me with panic-stricken faces, more so to see me there.

"Nyx! What are you doing here?" Hermione asks, her mouth agape.

I come to a halt in front of them. "What happened to Ron? And why is our Potions Master dangling in mid-air?"

Howling can be heard in the distance.

"Harry's run off after Sirius Black. He's injured, fighting with Lupin in his werewolf state," Hermione jabbers on.

"Sirius Black is an Animagus, he is the black dog," Ron mumbles. "My rat wasn't even a rat."

We all ignoring each others statements. Trying to recover from the sudden events.

I grab onto Hermione's shoulders. "Alright, start from the beginning what exactly happened."

"Well we were coming from Hagrid's hut when Scabbers, or Peter Pettigrew rather, ran from Ron –"

"Get me down from here!" snaps Snape.

We all turn to him, stunned to the spot for a few seconds before Ron grabs a wand. Lowering Snape.

"I'll tell you later," Hermione whispers as she points to Snape with her eyes. "Let's get Ron to the infirmary."

"Where's Potter?" Snape asks, irritated.

Back in the infirmary, Snape has left with Sirius Black; Snape ecstatic that Sirius Black will finally receive the Dementor's Kiss.

Ron lying down on the bed, while Madam Pomfrey sees to his leg. Harry passed out on the bed next to the one we sitting on; we found him passed out next to Sirius Black at the edge of the lake.

Hermione recounts the story to me on what happened back at the Whomping Willow. On how Peter Pettigrew, who was supposed to be Ron's rat, ran towards the Whomping Willow. Where him and Ron were attacked by Sirius Black in his Animagus state; the black dog.

Ron got dragged into the Whomping Willow by Black, Hermione and Harry following suit after finding out that Crookshanks was helping Black all along. They followed after them only to discover that the tunnel leads straight to the Shrieking Shack.

There Black revealed himself to them where they thought he wanted to kill Harry. They were then interrupted by Lupin who saw them on the Marauder's Map; he also revealed he was one of the ones to create the map. It turns out that Lupin and Black each thought that the other was a spy for Lord Voldemort.