Year 3 - The Boggart in the Wardrobe

Draco doesn't reappear in classes until late on Thursday morning, while the Slytherin's and Gryffindor's are halfway through our double Potions. He swaggers in with his right arm covered in bandages and bound up in a sling.

Being Draco, he milks it for all he has and sits near Harry and Ron; having them do his Shrinking Potion for him.

After the lesson ends, we all climb up the steps to the entrance hall for lunch.

Instead of going to the Slytherin table in the Great Hall I make my way over to the Gryffindor table as Fred and George call me over.

"What's up?" I ask them as I sit down.

"We want your opinion on something. Well Fred does anyways," says George, uninterested.

"There's a sixth-year girl interested in George right. Now he says he isn't interested in her because he might be interested in someone else." My stomach twists slightly at the mention of this.

I peer over Fred's shoulder, George's face has gone pink in shade, much like when Ron received the Howler from his mother last year.

Fred continues with a conniving smile, "now he won't tell me who it is. What do you think I should do to get him to tell me?"

"I thought you were going to ask advice on the girl. I would have suggested you go for her then pretending to be George, if you fancy her of course. I mean you're twins, most people can't tell you apart," I shrug.

"No, I fancy someone else so, I'm not interested either," says Fred.

George still remaining quiet while eating his lunch.

"Have you told George who you're interested in?" I ask.

"That's not important, I just want to know who it is. I've tried so many things already."

"Have you tried –" I begin.

"You are certainly making it a habit to sit at our table," states Ron in a dull tone.

Before I am able to respond I see Draco strutting into the Great Hall with Pansy next to him and a whole group of Slytherin's following.

He speaks loudly, as they make their way to the Slytherin table, about his encounter with the Hippogriff, blowing it completely out of proportion.

"Does it hurt?" asks Pansy.

"The pain comes and goes," answers Draco.

"Oh, you poor thing!" Pansy leans in closer towards him.

I scoff loudly as I stand up grabbing Draco's attention; surprised to see me in the Great Hall. I grab my bags and leave.

Fred yelling out behind me, "Nyx, we were still talking you know!"

I head up the stairs, making my way to my next classroom. I reach the top when a hand firmly grasps around my wrist; pulling me into a deserted passageway.

"Hey, why did you run out like that?" Draco asks.

"You know why. You're blowing that story completely out of proportion and you know that," I answer angrily.

"But you know that it's all just for show."

"Yes, when it comes to putting on a show that we aren't best friends. But what could you possibly gain from this story? I think you're just enjoying the attention from Parkinson too much," I furrow my brow.

"Okay, you're right. I might have gotten carried away with the attention... I'm sorry," Draco sighs, placing his hand on my shoulder.

He pulls me into a one arm hug.