Year 1 - Nicolas Flamel

Once term starts again, we are all back to classes and overloading homework. I haven't been able to see much of the twins since Hermione and I got back, as Quidditch practice started again, and Wood is working the team harder than ever. However, Tracey and I catch each other up on our holidays in between classes.

One day the twins manage to catch me during change of classes and ask me to come to their Quidditch practice in the afternoon so that we can see each other afterwards.

The rain has now replaced the snow making their practice wet and muddy.

"I can't believe Snape is refereeing our next match!" says George as the twins sit down on either side of me by the end of practice. He is covered in mud as he had fallen off his broom earlier when Wood delivered some bad news to the team.

"I don't suppose you could have a chat with him?" asks Fred.

"Just because he is the head of my House doesn't mean he will listen to me. Besides I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason as to why he chose to referee the next match."

"Yeah, it's so that we don't pass Slytherin in the House Cup, I'm telling you..." replies Fred.

George now changing the subject places his right hand out in front of me, Fred following shortly afterwards.

I look down at their wrists to see them wearing their bracelets I had made for them as a Christmas present. Their bracelets have four individual leather straps bound together at the end and the same individual charm hanging off it – our three initials. However, their 'N''s is silver, and George's 'G' and Fred's 'F' are the rose color, so that each bracelet can be told apart.

"Did you really make these by hand?" George asks politely.

I nod, looking up at both of them. Seconds later they encase me in their arms as they give me a big squeeze.

Once they let go, Fred speaks first, "your present was by far the best!"

"You're very talented, you know that. Fred's right, we are never taking these off," adds George.

I beam up at them, satisfied that they are happy with their gifts. "These bracelets will bind us together forever now, just like our friendship."

George and Fred look up at each other as they say, "oh boy. She's going to make us cry, isn't she?" And they nod at the same time as they hug me again.

Once the twins decide to return to their common room, I head off for the library to exchange the book I had finished reading during the holidays.

I spot Hermione, Harry, and Ron as I make my way down the aisle. I overhear some of what Hermione is saying as I approach them, "- only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone!"

"The what?" says Harry and Ron.

Hermione responds as I stop by their table, "Oh, honestly, don't you two read?"

"I think you already know the answer to that. I'm surprised they even passing their classes with the way they avoid books like it's the plague," I respond. Ron looking up at me in a sneer like manner much like Draco's.

I narrow my eyes as I address Ron, "have you been practicing in the mirror with Malfoy with that sneer look you giving me. And here I thought you hated him."

Before Ron can comment back, Hermione snaps, "stop it you two! Listen here. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.