Year 6 - Sectumsempra

Over the next few weeks, a number of emotions run high in the castle as the balmy weather days slide through May; We see the return of Katie Bell, looking healthier than ever and still having no memory of what exactly happened that day, and with the final Quidditch game of the season, Gryffindor against Ravenclaw, everyone is on edge as this match would decide the Championship.

The run-up to this crucial match has all the usual features; members of rival Houses attempting to intimidate opposing teams in the corridors, unpleasant chants about individual players being rehearsed loudly as they pass, the team members themselves either swaggering around enjoying all the attention or else dashing into bathrooms between classes to throw up.

One thing I have noticed when coming from or going to any lessons, is that Draco seems to veer in the opposite direction of Katie Bell every time he sees her; ducking into empty classrooms or into other corridors leading away from her, occasionally doing full one-eighty turns to walk off in the opposite direction.

It's a few days before the Quidditch match and having just come from the common room for supper, Tracey and I help ourselves to some beef pie and mash. "I'm starting to get beyond the point of worry, he's barely eating as of late," I say to Tracey.

We've noticed that Draco lately barely comes down to the Great Hall for breakfast, lunch, or supper.

"Usually I'd tell you not to stress about it, but this time I'm also starting to get worried," she says with a mouth full of mash.

"I think I should go look for him, make sure he gets something to eat. I can't stand back any longer and watch him drive himself into the Hospital Wing," I answer, pushing my plate aside.

"What about you? You need to eat as well."

"I don't have much of an appetite," I shrug.

"Where are you even going to find him?" she asks concerned.

"Well I know he spends an incredible amount in that bathroom, and if he isn't there then he probably is in the Room of Requirement, which then obviously I will have to wait to confront him," I answer.

"Good luck," she says as I get up from the table and make my way out.

Heading straight for the bathroom I so frequently see Draco heading into, passing students along the way while they slowly make their way down to dinner with their group of friends.

Coming to a stop outside the bathroom door, the corridor thankfully deserted, I hesitate for a second. He hasn't been listening to me thus far, what makes me think he will listen now?

I shake my head; I'm not taking no for an answer, even if I have to drag him down there.

I open the door quietly and listen for any noise, for in case there are other boys in the bathroom. However, I am met with the sight of Draco; his back to the door, his hands clutching either side of the sink, his white-blonde head bowed. And met with the sound of Draco crying, which shakes me to the very core; he's completely broken and has no one.

"Talk to me," another voice breaks through the air which completely knocks me back - Moaning Myrtle.

"It's not easy for me, Myrtle," he cries.

The realisation hits me; the boy she was talking to us about is Draco Malfoy...

"Draco," I say softly, stunned to the spot.

Draco gasps and gulps, and then with a great shudder, looks up into the cracked mirror and looks straight at me. Tears streaming down his pale face into the grimy basin.

He doesn't say a word. I close the door behind me and make my way towards him as he frantically tries to dry his face, however the tears don't stop coming.