Year 2 - The Great Year-End-Feast

It is Professor Snape that ends up taking me back to the common room. The walk is rather quiet before Snape speaks up, "how is the studying coming along?"

He is of course referring to the self-study that I was doing throughout my whole second year due to Lockhart being such a fool of a teacher.

"Really well, sir. I do have some questions on the topic of Legilimency." We round the corner to the Slytherin common room. "But I think that can wait until next year. Will you still vouch for me to study further next year?"

"Of course. You have shown a great interest in this subject, one I have had my eye on for a very long time. It will be a great pleasure to teach you everything I know. But as you said, let us wait for next year."

Professor Snape bids me farewell as I enter the common room. And not even a moment later I have two pairs of arms wrapping around me.

"You're back," exclaims Tracey. "Draco caught me up on everything." Draco and Tracey let go of me as we walk over to the fireplace.

Tracey smacks me on my arm. "Next time do not leave me in the dark! I could have been of help as well you know!"

We sit down on the couches as I recount my story to Tracey and Draco. Up until the point of where Professor McGonagall finds Professor Snape to escort me back.

It is much later into the evening when Professor Snape enters our common room, informing us that there is a great feast awaiting us in the Great Hall. Bobbing with excitement we all march to the Great Hall, filled with chatter.

Everyone is in their pyjama's enjoying the feast that has been prepared. Everyone which had been turned to stone has now been revived with the Mandrakes.

They all come marching into the Great Hall, sending me crashing into Hermione with relief; glad that she is finally awake and alright. It didn't take her long to then run off toward Harry and Ron.

We have had some spectacular feasts here at Hogwarts, but none like this one. It lasted all night with everyone back safe and sound. Hagrid returning as well. However, for a second year running the Gryffindor's have secured themselves the House Cup, which was due to Harry and Ron receiving four hundred points for their House, I was also given two hundred points for assisting in the nights adventure, but it is still not enough to surpass Gryffindor. Professor McGonagall also tells us that our exams have been cancelled as a school treat which sent the entire school into rambunctious cheers. Dumbledore has also announced that Professor Lockhart will not be returning next year and quite a few of the teachers joined in the cheering that greeted this news.

The rest of the final term passes by in a haze of blazing sunshine. Hogwarts is back to normal with only a few small differences – Defence Against the Dark Arts classes have been cancelled and Lucius Malfoy has been sacked as a school governor; due to his father being dismissed Draco is no longer strutting around the school as though he owns the place, on the contrary, he looks resentful and sulky.

Due to this I decide a day before we depart back home to take him out to the Forbidden Forest for a surprise.

"C'mon slow poke." I tug on Draco's hand as we near the Thestrals paddock.

"Tell me what we doing out here again?" he asks, all mopey.

I stop next to Tenebrus, stroking his head as I hand him a piece of meat. "Well, you've been so out of sorts these last few days ever since you heard of your father being dismissed. I thought I'd do something to cheer you up." A sneaky smile forming on my lips.