Year 6 - The White Tomb

Unable to take the pain any longer, I begin to head away from the crowd, wanting to get to the Hospital Wing. Murmurs can be heard from the students.

"I bet that's an Animagus."

"I think that's one of Hagrid's pets."

"Who could it be?"

"Must be someone from the order."

Stopping short of the double oak door, I feel my Animagus begging for mercy as pain trembles through my body starting from my ribs; I must have cracked a few.

Giving into the pain I transform back into my human form, collapsing onto the lawn. The pain now intensifying as my bones compress and become smaller.

"I knew it," murmurs one of the old D.A members.

"Knew what?" another asks.

"I knew she was an Animagus since the D.A meetings."

"Nyx!" I hear a voice call my name in the distance.

Peering up slightly through blurry vision I see Tracey running down the marble staircase, looking panic-stricken. She reaches me in another second.

"Are you okay?"

I groan inaudibly.

"C'mon, let's get you to the Hospital Wing," she says, helping me up and supporting me on her arms.

Sobs and shouts and wails stab the night as we walk back up the steps into the entrance hall. The Gryffindor rubies glisten on the floor like drops of blood as we make our way toward the marble staircase.

"There's a lot of casualties, but all in all , it doesn't seem as though anyone else from Hogwarts is dead," Tracey says quietly.

"Except Dumbledore," I croak.

"Yes except him..." she breaks off, also struggling to come to terms with it.

"Dumbledore was the only person Voldemort was truly afraid of... Now he's gone," I murmur.

"You just always figured he'd always be around, outlive everyone, and all," she adds.

We reach the hospital wing. Pushing open the doors, Neville can be seen lying, apparently asleep in a bed near the door. Ron, Hermione, Luna, Tonks, and Lupin are gathered around another bed near the far end of the ward.

Hermione rushes over to me, gripping me in a tight hug. I let out an involuntary moan.

"Sorry!" she says quickly helping me over to a bed. "Madam Pomfrey is still busy with Bill; she's stretched a little thin tonight with all the injuries."

"I'm just glad you're okay." I smile at her, laying down slowly.

"Harry gave us all some of his Felix potion, I think if it weren't for that there would have been more people killed tonight, however everything seemed to just miss us... We were incredibly lucky," she chuckles softly.

"What happened to Bill?" I ask.

"He..." She looks over her shoulder at Bill. "He got attacked by Greyback. Madam Pomfrey says he won't look the same anymore..."

"Poor Bill," I say sombrely, peering at his bed. I spot an unrecognizable face lying on Bill's pillow, so badly slashed and ripped that he looks grotesque. Madam Pomfrey is dabbing at his wounds with some harsh-smelling green ointment.

The doors to the Hospital Wing open again, and in steps Harry, and Ginny. Hermione gives my hand a squeeze and runs off towards Harry.

I turn to lie on my back, Tracey grabbing a seat next to me. Harry and I share a heated stare for a moment before he, Ginny, and Hermione make their way over to Bill's bed.