Year 5 - The Second War Begins

The sun is rising in the far distance by the time we get back from the Ministry of Magic. The Order had informed us that Harry was teleported back to Hogwarts via portkey and Dumbledore shortly followed as there was an altercation between them and Voldemort. The rest of us were all inspected for any injuries before travelling via the Floo network back to Hogwarts as well, where none of us say a word to each other and march straight to bed.

Everyone else still asleep while the sun soundlessly rises marking a new day. There is a rim of dazzling orange visible over the mountains and the sky above it is colourless and bright.

No one knowing of the tragedy that had happened at the Ministry of Magic. And no one knew until Sunday came with an article from The Daily Prophet:

'HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED-RETURNS

In a brief statement Friday night, Ministry of Magic Cornelius Fudge confirms that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to this country and is active once more.

"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord - well, you know who I mean - is alive and among us again," said Fudge, looking tired and flustered as he addressed reporters. "It is with almost equal regret that we report the mass revolt of the dementors of Azkaban, who have shown themselves averse to continuing in the Ministry's employ. We believe that the dementors are currently taking direction from Lord - Thingy.

"We urge the magical population to remain vigilant. The Ministry is currently publishing guides to elementary home and personal defence that will be delivered free to all Wizarding homes within the coming month."

The Minister's statement was met with dismay and alarm from the Wizarding community, which has recently as last Wednesday was receiving Ministry assurances that there was no truth whatsoever in these persistent rumours that You-Know-Who is operating amongst us once more.

Details of the events that led to the Ministry turnaround are still hazy, though it is believed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named and a select band of followers (known as Death Eaters) gained entry to the Ministry of Magic itself on Thursday evening.

Albus Dumbledore, newly reinstated headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, reinstated member of the International Confederation of Wizards, and reinstated Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, was unavailable for comment last night. He has insisted for a year that You-Know-Who was not dead, as was widely hoped and believed, but recruiting followers once more for a fresh attempt to seize power. Meanwhile the Boy Who Lived -'

Tracey's eyes peer over the rest of The Daily Prophet.

"And they just continue to speak about Harry, redeeming his usual name as a hero rather than a looney psycho," says Tracey, folding up the paper and throwing it one side as we laze near the lake for the morning. "The whole paper is all about Harry, You-Know-Who and Dumbledore."

"I don't suppose they mention how they are at fault for spreading lies?" I ask, lying flat on my back and staring up into the cloudless sky.

"Of course not, they never at fault," she sighs. "I just can't believe you guys went through all of that. You don't understand how much I was stressing when you didn't come for supper that night."

I had recounted that night to Tracey the same morning we returned, as she didn't allow me to sleep much when she awoke and noticed me in my bed.

"And Umbridge," she continues, "I can't believe she was found after the Centaurs got a hold of her."

News had spready quickly when Dumbledore strode alone into the forest to rescue her from the Centaurs. How he had done it - how he had emerged from the trees supporting Professor Umbridge without so much as a scratch on him - nobody knows, and Umbridge is certainly not telling. Since she has returned to the castle she has not, as far as anyone knows, uttered a single word while lying up in the Hospital Wing. Nobody knows what's wrong with her either.